Author Topic: Corona Subscription Update by CHAOS  (Read 19528 times)

2022-11-28, 14:22:34
Reply #120

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
These questions were answered in your support ticket:

You are right and I apologize, everything was clear and I hadn't paid the necessary attention. Everything seems to be ok now!

Definitely no need to apologize and I am glad everything is clear now. Thanks for confirming!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-28, 19:34:27
Reply #121

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
maru, is it normal that when upgrading to yearly subscription via support ticket - your subscription starts from the day you pay? I mean, I've upgraded today to use the 20 percent BF deal, even thou my monthly subscription was active till December 7th, so basically I've lost more than a week of time of active license.   

2022-11-28, 19:40:32
Reply #122

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is normal - the monthly is cancelled (but remains active until it's next expiry, as that has already been paid for), and a new Annual begins on the day of purchase. You should in effect have two licenses right now, the Monthly until its next renewal, and the Annual.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-05, 09:09:33
Reply #123

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
So glad I found this thread, shame I didn't see it sooner.

I am currently without any kind of subscription all thanks to the Corona/Chaos support team. Having asked a simple question about applying the Black Friday discount to my yearly renewal, I was subsequently told my subscription had been cancelled and my auto-renewal payment refunded. I was then told I could simply buy a new subscription and apply the BF code, ignoring that this would mean I lose access to render nodes on the new subscription  I have a small "render farm" of 2 PCs, with a plan to add a 3rd soon. The new pricing structure will make it impossible for me to utilise these, as I simply can't afford (or justify) the excessive costs. In trying to save a little bit of money (effectively mitigating against some of the recent price increases), I'm now faced with paying double to get back what I already had... it's a bloody joke!

I have flagged this with support, saying this isn't what I wanted and that I'd like my renewal to be reinstated, only to be told that this is impossible. Once a subscription has been terminated, it cannot be restarted. So, I am currently without a license and cannot complete any work. I am not only facing a significantly higher cost of a new subscription, but also facing a loss of income to boot.

This whole scenario has made me seriously reconsider using Corona at all and switching to Arnold. I've been with Corona for approx 4 years having previously used Vray for approx 7 years prior to that. I don't want to switch, but I also don't want/can't afford to be ripped off by yet another software company (I'm looking at you, Adobe). I was actually quite happy to have Cosmos and Phoenix bundled in, as I had been hoping to try both, but an opt in/out approach would be better imo. I have zero need for C4D, so don't understand why we're being forced to pay for that functionality, these things should be add-ons, not prerequisites!

Hopefully Chaos will see sense and recognise that this new approach is really going to impact negatively on a big section of their user base and add back some flexibility in their product bundles.
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2022-12-05, 12:33:34
Reply #124

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I cant help but notice that the Corona Devs have always been open and halpful. But the Chaos Licencing department is prone to mistakes and seems pretty user-unfriendly.

Please take note Corona team. The goodwill and evangelising userbase that Corona has built up is quickly eroded by this sort of thing.

2022-12-05, 13:43:21
Reply #125

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
MAY3D, let us know the ticket numbers from your contact with the team please, so we can look into this.

2022-12-05, 13:45:30
Reply #126

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I cant help but notice that the Corona Devs have always been open and halpful. But the Chaos Licencing department is prone to mistakes and seems pretty user-unfriendly.

Please take note Corona team. The goodwill and evangelising userbase that Corona has built up is quickly eroded by this sort of thing.

Exactly this. Also, I noticed that Corona is nowhere to be found in Chaos' site. Is this on purpose?

2022-12-05, 13:50:44
Reply #127

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, the sites are not merged on purpose for a variety of reasons, some technical, some just to do with ease of navigation and finding things for Corona and Chaos users :) It has been planned for a while now, but we'll see when we can cross the various bridges.

EDIT - or even IF, could turn out we decide never to merge, we shall have to see.

2022-12-06, 14:29:57
Reply #128

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The issue of MAY3D is now resolved. There was some misunderstanding there, and then an additional issue related to buying without additional tax as a business entity.

If anyone needs some additional help/info, feel free to share here!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-11, 16:21:37
Reply #129

karlthh

• Users
    • View Profile
I'm late to the party because I was buried in work the last couple of months.  When the e-mail came in I did a quick check and realized I had no need for premium and would need to change to solo.  The fact that you couldn't do this from your account was just wrong in the first place.  Adding the hassle step of contacting customer service to make the change is unacceptable when you upgraded our accounts automatically.  Then I got my first new bill and that really opens one's eyes.

Everything about this is bad business from start to finish. The price of the same subscription DOUBLED and from what I read in cases above that is low for some other folks.  Listing it on your website as 29.90/ month is a lie.  That is the annual subscription divided by 12, not a monthly charge and that's what got me complacent on my quick check.  If Chaos is taking lessons from Autodesk, they are the wrong lessons.  So many of us Autodesk users have one foot out the door.  But the thing is, Corona is easier to replace.  You will win for now and gouge your customers, I will fork up the annual.  But the reality is that within a year's time, I will likely have found a replacement for Corona. 

The need for price increases is understandable.  Gouging your current customers in such a way (the charge, the automatic "updgrade" and the deceptive way of presenting it) is completely unacceptable.  It is not our fault that there haven't been incremental increases along the way.  Even Autodesk understands this and came up with a workaround that left people grumbling, but not running for the door.  It is a shame the path that you have chosen to take is so messy.

2023-01-17, 13:03:08
Reply #130

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
I am alctualy a duplicate of the post above, just saw this forumpost now, after working hard the past few months and not having time to visit.

If this was such a live topic and obviously wrong event, why weren't there automatic emails sent out to the customers offering a way back on their auto double payment? What the ?

I thought I was being stupid and missed a mail upfront about the doubling in paying when this was going to "change" if we chose to keep paying monthly instead of yearly. Cause you know, the energy prices have skyrocketed in the past months and I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling with inflation here, so a little humanity would go a long way.

Seeing the souble pricing "suddenly" I cancelled my subscription at that moment. Same situation, the necessity for continuing on the render platform is a given, since all our projects are on corona render.

Waiting for Corona 10 to come out in a stable version, gonna check the Forest Pack support that's been fixed / added. Take it from there...
« Last Edit: 2023-01-17, 13:08:31 by 3dboomerang »

2023-01-17, 13:16:00
Reply #131

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Emails were sent out to all users on the day of release, explaining the new subscription options and giving at least 30 days notice of the change so that the user could make their choice on which subscription option they wanted. We don't rely on the forum for such things, naturally. I am not sure what you mean about a "way back" as there is no option to keep the pricing the same as it was.

2023-02-02, 11:50:49
Reply #132

eipi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • alek pluta
I have been a long time user since the beta versions with the monthly Corona Renderer for 3ds Max - FairSaaS - 1 WS + 3 NODES and recently discovered that my render nodes are gone since the update of subscription.
When I have received the email with 2x price increase in November, I have decided to migrate to annual payment as it was the only way to keep more or less the same price. What I didn't know was that I should update the existing license rather than buy a new one from the same account. After contacting the support, I got the message that it was my fault stopping the subscription and they won't bring back render nodes. The whole license update communication was so unclearly and poorly executed and I didn't know that I should contact the support for update rather than buy the license on my own. You can clearly see that I have history of uninterrupted payments (I was even charged double (60 eur) in November because I didn't notice the info about the increased payment, great), but it is not enough for the support. I am really disappointed with the whole customer treatment and it is definitely not the standard that I was used to with the old Corona team that was willing to help and assist you.

2023-02-03, 10:31:22
Reply #133

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I have been a long time user since the beta versions with the monthly Corona Renderer for 3ds Max - FairSaaS - 1 WS + 3 NODES and recently discovered that my render nodes are gone since the update of subscription.
When I have received the email with 2x price increase in November, I have decided to migrate to annual payment as it was the only way to keep more or less the same price. What I didn't know was that I should update the existing license rather than buy a new one from the same account. After contacting the support, I got the message that it was my fault stopping the subscription and they won't bring back render nodes. The whole license update communication was so unclearly and poorly executed and I didn't know that I should contact the support for update rather than buy the license on my own. You can clearly see that I have history of uninterrupted payments (I was even charged double (60 eur) in November because I didn't notice the info about the increased payment, great), but it is not enough for the support. I am really disappointed with the whole customer treatment and it is definitely not the standard that I was used to with the old Corona team that was willing to help and assist you.
Hey,

That's not a cool experience, I'm sorry for that. Do you have a ticket number? I'd like to find out what went on..

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-02-03, 11:23:50
Reply #134

eipi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • alek pluta

Hey,

That's not a cool experience, I'm sorry for that. Do you have a ticket number? I'd like to find out what went on..

Cheers,

Rowan
Hey, thanks for your response, ticket number is 82840. Cheers!