Author Topic: Minotti space  (Read 38915 times)

2014-06-05, 00:25:37
Reply #15

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, thanks again for your precious feedback.
Hi klipanos, I left the renders over night but after about 3/4 hours they were pretty much noiseless. The settings were left at their default values so not much to say there. As a light source I used one of Peter Guthrie's hdris.
johnymrazko Not sure if I will do a complete making of but I will happily post some info on the shaders even though they were pretty basic.

2014-06-05, 08:17:18
Reply #16

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow Super !!

Just to say something ~constructive~ I would say that objects on carpet should be more 'into' it... on your first image wheels of the table for example. And the turquoise things on balcony (ashtrays?) are somewhat oldschool CG compare to your whole texturing skills... But that's really to complain about something :D It kickasses

2014-06-05, 11:40:58
Reply #17

kry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Omg..
Its amazing !!!
GREAT WORK !
Sorry for my bad English (с) ecximer
http://rybakovart.com/

2014-06-05, 12:57:55
Reply #18

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wow.. i love Minotti's style. it's elegant vintage mood.
great work.. amazing cure of detail.. compliments

2014-06-05, 12:59:07
Reply #19

orsobruno

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!!! As the others said, WELL DONE, everything is very beautiful and incredibly realistic!! especially the carpet :)
About that could you please tell us your shader's setting about the carpet?
I'm trying to make it similar, once, but I always gat a "not natural" feeling, I made it look better after I switch to the hair and fur modifier, instead of making it with displacement+bump map....but the render time, and the ram usage.. increased quite a bit...
Again, very nice image :)

2014-06-05, 13:02:07
Reply #20

HLeandre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arstation
Really great renders !
Please can you talk more about your lighting settings and materials ?
Thanks

2014-06-05, 16:01:47
Reply #21

zhangjx511

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I ask you this next chart rendering time? What computer configuration is?

2014-06-05, 16:49:09
Reply #22

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, thank a lot for your comments !

orsobruno For the carpet I had tested various methods, initially I used displacement which performed very well, but since I needed quite a few subdivisions the scene as a whole resolved a bit slower. I have then tried out multiscatter and got very good results with it too but again the high number of instances needed slowed down the scene. The last test that I had done was using the bump map. I had put in the bump slot a composite layer containing a mix between two maps, 1 very tiled map for the finer details and one larger map created from the diffuse map. This has allowed me to save more time during the rendering process and also to get noiseless renders quicker. Obviously since the bump is only a fake effect I had to be careful about the camera angle and the proximity to the rug. In some higher res crops of the rug one can notice the fakeness of the bump but for the resolution and camera views that I intended to render the bump worked just fine.
Will definitely keep trying to use Multiscatter some more and/or Forest Pack in the creation of rugs, but I just need to figure out a smart way to get less geometry intersected which will result in less instances needed.

HLeandre My lighthing consisted of only 1 of Peter Guthrie's HDRI, and also a different HDRI just for the background and in some shots reflection. As for the materials I will post tonight some screenshots, maybe the one for the cushions' fabric, the rug and concrete.

zhangjx511 My computer configuration consists of 2x Intel Xeon X5650 @2.66 GHz and 24 GB of Ram and 1 Nvidia Quadro 600 with 1 GB (can't wait to upgrade this last one as it's quite dated).

Utroll I agree with that.. will try to fix that in future renders.

Again thank you all for you interest and feedback !
« Last Edit: 2014-06-05, 23:06:47 by eduard.caliman »

2014-06-06, 00:04:17
Reply #23

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As promised here are some screenshots of the materials:

RUG

A very simple one, the prerequisite here was to have good enough maps. The settings were very simple, bump at 1 and that's it.

CONCRETE

To get to the bump map of a texture what I usually do is desaturate the image and then apply a Levels correction similar to the one below. Note how the sliders are placed at the beggining, middle and end of the colour information inside the histogram, that way one creates a texture that is easy to manipulate in 3DS Max using the various blending modes in the Composite map (usually Multiply and/or Screen in my case) as you will see below. A good advice would be not to go over the information in the histogram too much so that you don't clip and lose valuable colour information.

CUSHION FABRIC

I hope this one will not be too confusing. I tried my best to make it as comprehensible as possible. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

That's it guys, I hope you enjoyed the tips.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-06, 00:12:59 by eduard.caliman »

2014-06-06, 00:49:02
Reply #24

klipanos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank's a lot!!!
Just Perfect!!!

2014-06-06, 08:25:13
Reply #25

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Oho!
Oh, damn! It simply chic! 0_O
sorry for my english

2014-06-06, 09:16:53
Reply #26

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When i grow up, i want to be just like you :D lol... Great stuff..!

2014-06-06, 09:31:07
Reply #27

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, do you mind also posting the raw renders with no post work?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-06-06, 09:34:16
Reply #28

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Your work has been highlited on Coronas FB, congrats! Its a big deal! Congrats!
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-06-06, 09:43:39
Reply #29

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
amazing work. congratulation

...Mohammadreza Mohseni...