Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

MtlOverride - Preserve Glass

(1/1)

dj_buckley:
See screenshot.

My glass material 'Glazing' is respected by the 'Preserve' feature usually, but if, for example, i put it inside a Ray Switch then the Mtl Override no longer displays it as Glass despite them all just being instances of each other

Aram Avetisyan:
I think nested material override exclusion is not supported, it may work e.g. for Multi/Sub-object but not for Blend or Rayswitch.

This will be more like a feature request for material override exclusion to support possible nesting.
In your case, I think it is much easier to simply select objects with Select material and just exclude them by adding to the list.

dj_buckley:

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-02-21, 11:27:58 ---I think nested material override exclusion is not supported, it may work e.g. for Multi/Sub-object but not for Blend or Rayswitch.

This will be more like a feature request for material override exclusion to support possible nesting.
In your case, I think it is much easier to simply select objects with Select material and just exclude them by adding to the list.

--- End quote ---

Normally yes, but in this instance the glass is attached to the window frame geometry and it's not practical to detach it all first.  I can work around it, it's all good.  But let's add it as a feature request

Aram Avetisyan:
Ok, this is reported now.

(Internal ID=1307197465)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version