Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Scene has slower viewport performance with Corona 11 than Corona 10

(1/2) > >>

Aram Avetisyan:
Originally posted here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41408.msg219919#msg219919
The thread above has a reply for this issue as well, but is for general 3ds Max UI sluggishness, with or without the combination of Corona.

This will be the specific thread for this issue, as a bug report (for the sake of finding it better) - scene has slower viewport performance with Corona 11 than Corona 10.

Aram Avetisyan:
The root cause of this has been found. It is because of having a material previewed in the viewport, which has input in BaseColor slot involving MappingRandomizer. Can be texture specific too.
Removing MappingRandomizer from material tree (but keeping the rest) or disabling the material's preview in viewport fixed the slow viewport.

(Internal ID=1284851510)

dj_buckley:
Was this addressed in the recent hotfix? If not, are likely to get a second hotfix?  I'd say a large portion of us are using mapping randomizer.  Removing it just from the BaseColour isn't really a valid option.  I'd say that's the most important map slot for it to be used in.

dreamersdj:
Will this be addressed in the next hotfix? We can't disconnect the uvrandomizer map from basecolor. What's the point of having a uvrandomizer if you can't use it?

brr:

--- Quote from: dj_buckley on 2024-01-18, 14:00:06 ---Was this addressed in the recent hotfix? If not, are likely to get a second hotfix?  I'd say a large portion of us are using mapping randomizer.  Removing it just from the BaseColour isn't really a valid option.  I'd say that's the most important map slot for it to be used in.

--- End quote ---
Yes, it is Corona 11 and Corona 11 HF1 problem.

@Aram Avetisyan
Thanks for creating this thread !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version