Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Reflection slot of CoronaRaySwitch material affects GI

<< < (3/4) > >>

Avi:
Hi,

As I have checked the file. The plane seems to be reflecting red color, and the sphere seems to be catching the red reflection from the plane. You can either zero the reflection in your object or make the plane not visible to reflection and refraction so that the red reflection will go away from the object.

Here is a video: https://bit.ly/3BfDsUu

dsolod:
Hi Avi,
Thank you for your reply and the video
Similar ways were already discussed in this topic before with romullus and that was not the solution for me. So I had to render the interior twice with following post work

And that brought me to the question that I am addressing to Corona Team.
Is it the correct behaviour of the CoronaRaySwitch material?

Again, VRayOverrideMtl works as predicted without interfering the elements

Looking forward for your explanation

Avi:
Hi,

Thank you for being so patient.

After discussing this issue with our devs, this is confirmed that reflections are considered indirect lighting GI after the ray has been through some glossy/diffuse reflections. I am afraid there is no workaround for this but feel free to let me know how this is blocking you in your project. Maybe we can find some other solutions.

dsolod:
Hi Avi,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you consider this behaviour as a bug and should we wait for fix?

maru:
Hi, I would not consider this a bug. It's just the way Corona works, and I don't think we can expect changes to this any time soon. That would be a huge change to the fundaments of Corona.

Can you explain why exactly this is an issue to you? Is it about composing an image out of render elements?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version