Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming Playground!

<< < (9/13) > >>

Tamyl:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-09-30, 23:31:44 ---I think simple "trim edges" checkbox in the scatter object, would make more sense - Corona could add edge trimming texmap to the opacity slot internally at render time for user convenience.

--- End quote ---

Exactly!!! It's a very bad idea to trim edges with such opacity maps. I have like ~10 objects inside my ChaosScatter and a few of them have MultiMaterials with 6-7 mat... You can imagine how painful it is to plug this map to every single material of these objects. Please, do it with checkbox inside the CoronaScatter!

leo3d:
in c4d you can do it in multi selection of shader, it takes 2s but indeed an option in the scatter would be better, with the choice in the list to select all or check what you want

mvpetropolis:
Hello, well, I have a small doubt about using chaos scatter edge trimming texmap, I realized that in some objects even inserting the map in apacy it doesn't work right causing the grass to exceed the determined limit, I'm loading two examples with different objects, one she worked perfectly and the other one didn't, do you know what could be happening?

romullus:
Edge trimming won't work on proxies unless their display mode is set to full mesh. On the other hand it makes very little sense to have such a small object as clump of grass converted to proxy. I suggest to convert it back to mesh and avoid any potential problems related to proxies.

mvpetropolis:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-02-25, 20:20:11 ---Edge trimming won't work on proxies unless their display mode is set to full mesh. On the other hand it makes very little sense to have such a small object as clump of grass converted to proxy. I suggest to convert it back to mesh and avoid any potential problems related to proxies.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's an optimization craze I end up converting everything into a proxy, but really both examples are of a proxy, the difference is that one worked and the other didn't, that's why I wanted to report the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version