Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming Playground!

<< < (3/13) > >>

romullus:
Can you show your setup and the result that you get? There shouldn't be any "slice effect" - edge trimming is removing whole mesh elements that falls outside of scattered area.

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-10-01, 12:05:57 ---Can you show your setup and the result that you get? There shouldn't be any "slice effect" - edge trimming is removing whole mesh elements that falls outside of scattered area.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure about this? It wouldn't be trimming then? It'd be more like removal.

But in any case... definitely 100% not working at all for me, tried for hours last night. I feel something is wrong with installation... I installed RC1 and scatter didn't update. I had to manually install scatter from unpacking the files and I'm sure I didn't do it right... or else it'd be working for me, right? (FYI in the info tab of scatter it says it is RC1 scatter from 29th Sept installed)

romullus:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2022-10-01, 13:02:22 ---Are you sure about this? It wouldn't be trimming then? It'd be more like removal.

--- End quote ---

Can't speak for the others, but that's exactly how i want this feature to behave. If i'd want to slice geometry exactly and precisely along the edges, i could use Corona slice instead.

As for the installation, i had no issues at all - installed RC1 build and everything worked. Maybe there's some issue with multi-loader setup, like it was the case recently? OTOH, if you already tried unpack method and it still doesn't work, then i have no clue how to help, other then suggest to contact the support.

LorenzoS:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-10-01, 12:05:57 ---Can you show your setup and the result that you get? There shouldn't be any "slice effect" - edge trimming is removing whole mesh elements that falls outside of scattered area.

--- End quote ---

Works with grass downloaded from cosmos, but not with geometry create by myself (cube).

LorenzoS:

--- End quote ---

with checker applied

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version