Author Topic: Conrona c4d-max  (Read 3205 times)

2022-06-09, 18:34:29

djstevanovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible in future to add collaboration between max and c4d?
For example i work on scene in c4d, export it and other person load whole scene in max with materials, lights and continue to work in max and opposite?

2022-07-03, 04:58:54
Reply #1

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

what a dream

maybe exporting as proxy and opening in the other app? does it work already? i was about to try it

2022-07-21, 19:43:31
Reply #2

Darkzeh

• Users
    • View Profile
There's a software called C4DtoMax,  from a company called 3DforAll, that does exactly that.

It's not perfect, on the materials some shaders get baked, others simply don't get converted properly, And it triangulates the mesh sometimes, but it works like a charm. Almost a one click solution into each software
« Last Edit: 2022-07-22, 22:43:34 by Darkzeh »

2022-07-22, 08:21:46
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I too think an intermediary file format covering whole 'Chaos' eco-system is a must  in future, unless there's already a plan for engines to become hydra delegates ( or otherwise adopt USD standard)?

2022-08-10, 23:35:29
Reply #4

djstevanovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There's a software called C4DtoMax,  from a company called 3DforAll, that does exactly that.

It's not perfect, on the materials some shaders get baked, others simply don't get converted properly, And it triangulates the mesh sometimes, but it works like a charm. Almost a one click solution into each software

Well i know but it in reality doesnt work anything, talking about high quality viz and hq materials. I havnt got a singe model imported that is perfect. Anything you import you must work on every material (only diffuse map is ok, everything else is wrong and you must make material again).. So for me same as i export model as fbx and load into cinema and make every material again.