Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Yet another critical problem with bump mapping

(1/7) > >>

sirio76:
Is this the expected behavior??
Specular highlight vary wildly depending on the size of the render/distance from camera, seems also related to MIP mapping. It happens on both preview and real scene.

maru:
I think this one would be the same in 3ds Max. It's just how things work.

Nejc Kilar:

--- Quote from: maru on 2020-04-16, 13:36:14 ---I think this one would be the same in 3ds Max. It's just how things work.

--- End quote ---

Em, its just how things work in Corona or in real life as well? :)

Thanks for reporting, sirio76!

maru:

--- Quote from: Nejc Kilar on 2020-04-16, 13:53:44 ---
--- Quote from: maru on 2020-04-16, 13:36:14 ---I think this one would be the same in 3ds Max. It's just how things work.

--- End quote ---

Em, its just how things work in Corona or in real life as well? :)

--- End quote ---

In Corona/Max/C4D/other, anywhere where there is texture filtering involved. But of course a dev's opinion would be more relevant here.

sirio76:

--- Quote from: maru on 2020-04-16, 13:36:14 ---It's just how things work.

--- End quote ---
Not in real life ;) I'm building all my shaders using physical samples of material inside a real calibrated setup and a 3D equivalent scene, also calibrated using correct exposure and light intensity. Results are mostly close to real life(below just a couple examples) but when I use a material with strong bump, results are inconsistent. Simply take several shots of a leather at different distance, the highlights is consistent no matter how you look at it, in Corona is just wrong and it's worrisome that you do not consider this a critical issue. It needs to be investigated and fixed. Sorry for the rant but I'm investing time and resources in Corona and I want things to work properly ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version