Author Topic: Corona stopped rendering today  (Read 1904 times)

2020-09-30, 17:47:49

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am running C4D R21.207 with Corona 6 for Windows.  When I attempt to use interactive rendering C4D freezes to the point where I need to use the task manager to close it.  I have done a fresh install of Corona 6, restarted Cinema, restarted my computer and I have the same problem.  All was working fine just yesterday with the same file.  I don't understand this and am now out of business until I get it resolved.  Please advise as soon as possible as I have work piling up.  Thanks!

2020-09-30, 21:42:01
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this every scene, or just one particular scene? If just one particular scene, what if you import the objects from it into a fresh scene?

A bugreport.txt would be useful - one can be generated during a freeze, steps are detailed on https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000033461-how-to-report-issues-c4d

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-09-30, 22:43:38
Reply #2

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tom - thanks for the reply.  I opened a support ticket earlier today and Benjamin was able to get to the bottom of it.  It was user error.  Without going into too much detail, I had three Forester rock objects within a Cloner with very high subdivisions.  Corona was attempting to render, but it was taking some time.  We got it all straight.

2020-09-30, 22:48:56
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad you got it resolved! And ty for the insight into what the problem was, always useful in case anyone else is running into a similar issue then they can look to see if it solves it for them too :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us