Author Topic: CMPPmax discussions  (Read 44531 times)

2016-11-16, 10:45:44
Reply #30

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
some questions to things that aren't clear on the new release:

1. The email says we can use both 1.x and 2.x - does cmpp2 have the old materials in its library as well? or should we keep cmpp1.x installed to access those materials?
2. in the cmpp folder on the c drive, should that contain both maps and maps2 folder now?

thanks!

2016-11-16, 16:14:52
Reply #31

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio

1. The email says we can use both 1.x and 2.x - does cmpp2 have the old materials in its library as well? or should we keep cmpp1.x installed to access those materials?
2. in the cmpp folder on the c drive, should that contain both maps and maps2 folder now?

thanks!

1. Yes, you can keep CMPPmax1 installed (CMPPmax2 contain some old materials, but not all).
2. If you using CMPPmax1, yes. CMPPmax2 uses new textures from dir maps2.

2016-11-16, 16:22:14
Reply #32

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Cool, but I cannot donwload the tex maps as it has this errror on dropbox:

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

2016-11-16, 16:33:22
Reply #33

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio

Cool, but I cannot donwload the tex maps as it has this errror on dropbox:

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Yes, I know... :( Very much download requests. Please try via order links (files from my servers). It can be slow - also very much paralell downloads.

2016-11-16, 16:41:43
Reply #34

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

thanks!

Peter, don't know about you guys but we keep our CMPP maps in a centralised network location so there's no issue with NR/DR or anything like that. We're making a second folder for this since the old CMPP1 maps are needed for old jobs.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-11-16, 16:42:24
Reply #35

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Also, for anyone else struggling badly with the download reliability, we recommend adding the files to your dropbox, rather than downloading through browser. Seems to be reliable.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-11-16, 16:50:09
Reply #36

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, took me a while to find those links but they're working fine. Basically at full bandwidth speed :)

2016-11-16, 16:57:47
Reply #37

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
DL took some time, but nice MAT's, all PBR!
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-11-24, 01:18:34
Reply #38

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile

After a little bit of usage here are my thoughts. Good work has been done to it so thank you. :)

Bugs with CMPP v2.0
  • Deleting associated folders used by CMPP in windows explorer doesn't get recognised and causes instant crash.
  • Clicking CMPP's Max Icon runs an instance of CMPP which I doubt is wanted behaviour.
New Additions?
  • F2 to rename materials other items (like windows explorer) & delete key to delete.
  • Hover over material increases preview like v1 (perhaps option to have larger than 200px thumbnails?) Right click seems a little awkward. Perhaps when hoovering over jpeg wheel the mouse zooms and middle mouse bottun resets image to orginal state.
  • Render preview for selected .mat files only.
  • Option for auto sort mats [a-z] in settings.
  • More custom Shader balls. Different dropdown for cloth, liquid etc.
  • Setting of render passes amount for Draft, Medium, High. Custom added also maybe?
  • Cannot send material to ME active slot while working with SME. I'll never go back to the horrible basic editor. ;) This option was available in CMPP v1.0. Can you readd it if you cannot send material to the SME. I remember you saying you cannot send to SME directly but is it possible to send to active ME slot and then to the SME?
Last point for me is a major drawback at the moment.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-24, 15:17:35 by 3dwannab »

2016-11-24, 09:42:53
Reply #39

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi 3dwannab,

the problem you experience with sending a material to the active slot in SME, only appears within the "user libary" tap.
There is a workaround:
If you look in SME underneath "Sample Slot" a "temporary libary" is loading with all the materials within the specific "Material catergory" you selected in CMPP V2.
Just drag and drop them.

2016-11-24, 14:37:59
Reply #40

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the workaround @belly. Be nice to see correct SME integration sometime.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-24, 14:52:05 by 3dwannab »

2016-12-24, 00:03:29
Reply #41

Radim Razzak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a 20% discount on all siger products till the 1st of January. In case anybody is interested...

2017-01-04, 14:55:44
Reply #42

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
New minor update is out (v.2.0.1).
Important memory leak fixes.

2017-01-04, 20:16:59
Reply #43

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know if it installs your plugins to the plugin library? But I had some bother with the dreaded 'param2 error'

So anyone else having trouble do this.

(This is using windows 10 + 2016) [Change to your needs & version]

1. Close Max.
2. Overwrite these files into the plugin folder which you downloaded from Sigers website. I'm running max 2016 so these are mine.
  • ThinFilm_2015.dlt
  • SigerScratches_2015.dlt
  • SigerNoise_2015.dlt
  • ComplexFresnel_2015.dlt
3. Hit Win key only to search 'Powershell'
4. Ctrl+Shift+Enter over the highlighted Windows Powershell app (Ctrl+Shift+Enter will run it in an elevated admin mode)
5. Paste this into the commandline and press enter. get-childitem "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\plugins" | unblock-file
6. Above will unblock all files inside that current folder. Same as individually unblocking files only cooler!

If you want to recurse the directory and its child's directories use this:
get-childitem "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\plugins" -recurse | unblock-file

See https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5357-unblock-file-windows-10-a.html#option6 for more options.

2017-01-04, 21:24:02
Reply #44

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
The new installer (from v.2.0.0) automatically installs all necessary plug-ins and you not need to install manually. You have problems with the installed files with installer?
I tested on all OS (7, 8, 8.1, 10) and about 20 machines - weren't watched problems with files locking. With downloaded - yes, it is possible.
And why for the users such complex dances with Powershell when it is possible to manage much more simply with right click > Properties (if blocked - you can find option Unblock)...