Author Topic: Of the Future  (Read 6367 times)

2016-12-19, 11:27:48

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This is an almost 90% RailClone scene. Done with Corona 1.5. Had a lot of fun with LightMix and Bloom&Glare.

This scene is in the warehouse (both the RailClone one and an all-poly version). All details and a little making-of on my blog.

2016-12-19, 14:29:15
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So this is actually a "for fun" project? I can see it as a great bloom and glare/post processing/LightMix demo scene indeed! :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-12-19, 15:57:10
Reply #2

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I really love that glares are becoming standard for 3D visualizations and are not just a gimmick anymore. I always thought of them as equally important as for example shadows. When looking at final image, missing glare is as much of a perceptual difference as missing shadow somewhere, so I consider glare equally important part of the image. So I really like that I do not see those burned out aliased sharp highlights anymore :)

Images look great on a technical and visual side, but it has indeed that "just a test" feeling, as there is not much of a visual story going on, aside from obvious reference to futuristic utopias portrayed it middle of previous century :)

2016-12-19, 17:45:53
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dang that last render is great, especially that floor; It really anchors the composition. Well done.

The retro future aesthetic reminds me of the movie Gattaca from Andrew Niccol.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-19, 17:50:05 by mferster »

2016-12-20, 08:36:48
Reply #4

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
The retro future aesthetic reminds me of the movie Gattaca from Andrew Niccol.

Yeah!! Reminded me of that as well :) Quite scary and cold. Brrrrrrr!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2016-12-20, 16:08:12
Reply #5

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love the last image: A simple color contrast very well executed. I'd dare to disagree in terms of the glares.
Here they look artificial and quite silly. Sorry, no harm meant. Great pictures over all- no doubt.

2016-12-20, 16:10:04
Reply #6

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also reminds me of the elevators used in the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart by UN studio

2016-12-20, 23:47:00
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I really love that glares are becoming standard for 3D visualizations and are not just a gimmick anymore. I always thought of them as equally important as for example shadows. When looking at final image, missing glare is as much of a perceptual difference as missing shadow somewhere, so I consider glare equally important part of the image. So I really like that I do not see those burned out aliased sharp highlights anymore :)

Funny, i feel exactly opposite - it starts annoy me when i see hugely overdone glare and bloom in every other image. Sure, it's very nice when this effect is used appropriately and with taste, like in OP's renders, but when you see images where everything - books, apples, walls are glowing and bursting with huge stars... It's like with chromatic abberation fad some years ago - interesting and fresh at first, but soon gets boring when widely overused.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-12-21, 00:51:46
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, romullus. Same here.
Seems as people don't use cameras to take photographs anymore ;)

"User please, be gentle."

Bertrand, pleasing as always.
Proper architectural candy (fully reflective surfaces - rough metals and bended glass).
Q: Did you ran it through VRay also? If so, how does it stacks compared to Corona timewise? Does VRay still hates too much samples on gloss (rough) & glass? ... a hint will do... ;)
Anyways, thanks for everything, especially for giving the motivation & inspiration some love.

PS
Something missing... :)
More lights, reflectors under the 'balconies' (pillar holders/stabilizers) and elevators... a pinch of fog, filling light with godrays, a small amount of shiny particles, sparks, fireflies... to feel the volume, the essence, the presence of the great architecture (since space is huge).

2016-12-21, 06:03:47
Reply #9

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It reminds me of Lloyd's of London building with the exposed elevators. I like that stuff! Great work Bertrand!

2016-12-21, 06:35:53
Reply #10

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
your works are beautiful as always Bertrand.
at the elevators view, i just feel they are moving too fast, am i right? :)
and a question, i see natural glass reflection distortions, how did you do that? i don't like flat glasses look when i remove the smooth at the glasses, but the distortion will becomes ugly if i keep the glasses smooth.