Author Topic: keyboard suggestions  (Read 6544 times)

2017-01-24, 12:37:49

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm very fond of a nice keyboard with a proper keystroke. Soft, but solid and not noisy. Hope this makes sense to you.
I used a Logitech K740. I like working with a illuminated keyboard( you can control the brightness level on this one) The keys feel ok on this one, but they are not great.

I'm suffering from a kind of tendovaginitis and I decided to change my working Layout.
Before: Keyboard in front of me and wacom on the right side.
Now. Wacom in front of me. Keyboard behind it.

Works better for me, but of course I would like to have the keyboard as close as possible. Unfortunately both Keyboard and Wacom have 'border areas'(see attachment)

I'm trying now to get a keyboard with a  more narrow layout(but I have to keep numpad, arrowkeys, page up and down.)
I'm trying now a rapoo X8100, but this is plain awful for a dozen things and is really hard to find a good model on the internet, because there are a bazillion models out there.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

2017-01-24, 13:20:49
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
1. What's the budget?
2. I think it is essential to try a keyboard yourself before buying it, if you need 100% comfort

3. I don't recall having an uncomfortable keyboard in my life, but now I am using a wireless Lenovo 500 keyboard+mouse combo, and for me it is awesome. (
)
It's slim, quiet, the keys are comfortable, work softly. The mouse is ok too. Nothing fancy, but works fine, and I type a lot. :)
And here it costed about 20€.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-24, 14:36:46
Reply #2

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. the budget? If it fits all my needs, I would spend a fortune. :D
2. You're absolutely right. Nonetheless I hope to get inspiration from you guys. As I said: There are so many keyboards out there. And I doubt that I would find a recommend Keyboard horrible.
3. I will have a look into this. Probably I will order some to choose.

thanks, maru.

2017-01-24, 15:17:21
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You may also take a look at this, they seem to have pretty good reviews: http://thewirecutter.com/?s=keyboard
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-25, 15:19:14
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really like Corsair's mechanical back-lit keyboards (but then I'm biased as I'm using an old Corsair K95).

There are several models with various key layouts and they have detachable wrist wrests for a small footprint. One other good feature is you can get models with different mechanical switches to suit your typing style. I use the Cherry red switches as I like a low actuation force key stroke. I just can't go back to simple rubber membrane keyboards after using the K95

Link here: http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-keyboards
Vray who?

2017-01-28, 11:34:43
Reply #5

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you very much. I have a look at the corsair models as well. Probably I'll order a few to choose- Zalando-style, hah! :D

2017-01-28, 19:13:36
Reply #6

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good topic, btw do you guys think that mechanical keyboard is worthy for cgi work? Never used one...

2017-01-28, 19:23:12
Reply #7

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good question. When I visited the shop I checked some gaming keyboards- this mechanical things tends to be huge and - at least the ones I tried- felt to hard/crisp.

2017-01-31, 15:54:37
Reply #8

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, I actually just bought a cheap 75 euro zalman (cherry mx red switches) mechanical keyboard... Aaaand I think next time i'm willing to spend much more on mechanical kb, already looking for some rgb corsair kb lol...

I don't mind even the size/weight/loudness...

2017-01-31, 21:39:52
Reply #9

mugambi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be honest I don't think Mechanical keyboards will increase your productivity much. I only purchased a Corsair strafe-Cherry MX Blue because I do much of coding where I spend 95% keyboard 5‰ mouse unlike CGI which i spend 80% mouse/stylus 20‰ keyboard.

2017-02-01, 12:18:34
Reply #10

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be honest I don't think Mechanical keyboards will increase your productivity much. I only purchased a Corsair strafe-Cherry MX Blue because I do much of coding where I spend 95% keyboard 5‰ mouse unlike CGI which i spend 80% mouse/stylus 20‰ keyboard.

No it won't increase productivity i guess, just feels better to use the kb whenever you need to...

2017-02-11, 16:49:23
Reply #11

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yup, mechanical keyboards are way better for typing. But they're loud ! For those who wants a quieter product, the corsair strafe with cherry mx silent is a good option. But for typing, the best are mx blue, but the loudest. Personnally,  I picked the strafe rgb with mx brown and i'm pretty happy with it.