Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Render multiples camera matching

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frood:
Hi,

--- Quote from: Drago991 on 2024-04-19, 12:05:09 ---I'm trying to insert a different background image for each camera to do different photomatching in the same scene, but I don't understand how

--- End quote ---

you cannot set a different background for each camera, except when using any "xyz manager" out there, but you can do this (and much more) for different frames of the timeline:

Name your background images "bg_00.jpg", "bg_01.jpg" and so on, then create an IFL ("Image File List") sequence by selecting "Load as sequence" when choosing the file "bg_00.jpg" as bitmap for a standard max bitmap (Corona bitmap is not able to create or use IFL sequences).

This creates a file named Edit: "bg_01.ifl" "bg_00.ifl" which is a simple text file containing the names of all background bitmaps and is used as movie file by the bitmap node with one image per frame in the timeline. At frame 0 you will get bg_00.jpg, at frame 1 you'd have bg_01.jpg and so on by default.

Then animate your camera (and its settings) to match in every frame. You can use your already created cameras to align the animated one to them at every frame, having the Auto Key button activated. Or just choose the correct camera for the current background image to render if you do not want to animate it. I'm doing this since decades with the exception that I usually take 5 frames for one background/shot to have enough space for motion blur if required.

Alternatively you could use a corona select map instead of an IFL sequence and animate/change the selected map. You will not be able to feed the viewport background with it unless you use it as environment map though.

Attaching an (low version, Max2021, Corona v9 since I do not know what versions you are on) example scene. Start IR and scrub to frames 0 to 6 to see what's happening. Background images are piped through CoronaTonemapControl, the viewport uses the IFL sequence directly with "Animate Background" enabled.

Good Luck

piotrus3333:
3dsMax State Sets?

Aram Avetisyan:
Just letting you guys know that CoronaCamera environment overrides are in progress and this should be easy to do in future :)

In the meantime, there may be different workarounds with 3ds Max Scene and State sets.

Frood:

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-04-20, 21:27:35 ---CoronaCamera environment overrides are in progress and this should be easy to do in future :)

--- End quote ---

This alone will not. In almost every camera matching scene, you additionally need at least one shadow catcher material using the current background image for matte objects. This cannot be covered by a camera environment override. Additionally, think of camera matched/tracked animation.

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-04-20, 21:27:35 ---In the meantime, there may be different workarounds with 3ds Max Scene and State sets.

--- End quote ---

Either I have/had crashes (yes, with CoronaCamera parameter block queries in the call stack of the crashing thread) or had them stop working midst project doing weird stuff. Additionally rendering out multiple shots in one go is not possible without making things complicated. So I humbly returned to the workflow described above after each try :)

Good Luck

Aram Avetisyan:
That can be a good idea to have "Active camera overrides" checkbox for shadowcatcher, then it should work fine (besides the currently available option to animate it with maps).
I'll see how/if this can be implemented.

Depending on the exact thing needed, if there is animation, if there is changing environment and lighting, Scene states worked pretty robustly.
Yes, they are not the best when setting up and UI/UX wise, but they reliably work with batch rendering, which is one of the most important things for rendering animation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version