Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244797 times)

2015-03-01, 21:39:11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
With the release of 1.0, the daily builds system is changed (hopefully for the last time). This section is now visible to all registered users, and old topics were removed. Old daily builds will be phased out (activations will go out in the middle of March). The old logins will be deleted and forgotten. Now onto the new stuff:

Daily Builds Eligibility

• Everyone with FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license now has access
  • No requests/applications necessary

How to Use Daily Builds

• Get the Corona Universal Installer and install a regular version of Corona first, if you already havent done it already (https://corona-renderer.com/download/) and activate the license.
  • Go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a and download a daily build. They are located in folders named using the date they were created.
  • Select the appropriate version. You will need to pick a legacy version if the Corona Universal Installer displayed a warning that it will install a legacy version (this happens on most AMD and old Intel CPUs. All i7/i5/i3 can run the regular, faster version).
  • Copy over the 4 files (plugins/Corona201x.dlr, plugins/CoronaUtils201x.dlt,  CoronaLib_Release.dll, and Corona_Release.dll) to your 3ds Max root folder. Make sure that all 4 files overwrite the already present files.
If you want to have the Dropbox folder synchronized with your desktop dropbox app, instead of having to access it via web, send your dropbox email to info@corona-renderer.com

Daily Builds Changelog

There is a separate topic for that: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.0.html

Daily Builds Rules

• USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Daily builds may contain unfinished features and not be stable, may damage your scene, freeze your 3ds Max, make you miss your deadline. Reverting scenes from daily to stable builds might not always be possible! Always make backups of important projects. Use daily builds with caution and common sense.
  • NO OBVIOUS-BUG REPORTS IN THIS THREAD/SECTION. To report a bug, use the bug reporting forum section or Mantis bug tracker. Discussion "Is this a bug?" is fine, but if something is clearly broken, please use the appropriate channels.
  • NO REPOSTING UNFINISHED FEATURES. Although we do not require signing NDA beforehand, we ask you not to repost info/screenshots/videos on unfinished features outside of Corona website. It could make Corona look unfinished/unstable to outsiders. When in doubt, ask first before reposting.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12, 15:25:34 by maru »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-02, 09:58:54
Reply #1

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any chance to have both Final and Daily versions in the same time?

2015-03-02, 11:54:54
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
the licensing is shared. So it is just a matter of copying over the correct files. You can make batch scripts for that to change builds with 1 click. I am using that ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-02, 14:18:14
Reply #3

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean being able to select different versions of Corona in opened 3ds max. In one session. I think not...

2015-03-02, 15:48:05
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, now that is not supported ;)

2015-03-11, 11:10:35
Reply #5

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Pretty quite here, any news?
any new features planned for this month?
any new toys?

Just out of curiosity, no rush, I know the post-release work could be a lot.

Cheers!

2015-03-11, 19:04:22
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
bugfixes now have total priority for me. But other people will start working on some cool tech soon

2015-03-11, 19:44:20
Reply #7

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great!

I'm eager to see more evolution! :D

Cheers.

2015-03-18, 21:32:36
Reply #8

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Checking demo now..
« Last Edit: 2015-03-18, 21:46:12 by Dollmaker »

2015-03-22, 14:59:15
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm preparing a surprise. Anyone has a nice heavy particle flow scene for testing?

2015-03-22, 15:49:54
Reply #10

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does it has to be particle flow or can it be cached particle simulation?

And that is what matters, does a PRT simulation serves for this purpose?

Cheers!

2015-03-22, 17:44:54
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
un-cached one

2015-03-24, 13:13:44
Reply #12

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mmmm too bad because lataly my simulations come from Maya Bifrost in PRT format, I don't have anything serious with a serious amount of particles done natively in real flow, maybe a flour simulation I did some time ago, but it was a point based simulation, it was rendered with Krakatoa, is this kind of simulation what you need or something more based in geometry?

Cheers!

2015-03-25, 08:59:07
Reply #13

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
why rayswitch material do not have the checkboxes for map control?
sorry for my english

2015-03-25, 09:30:56
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
why rayswitch material do not have the checkboxes for map control?
What would be the purpose of this? You put different materials in these slots, not maps.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us