Author Topic: creating presets for the corona-physical-MTL  (Read 717 times)

2022-08-16, 10:21:23

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Hi;

The name kind of says it all: We use different settings for brick vs vegitation vs metals ...

The presets are seeming to be handy, although I don't want "these". I want "mine". Is there a way to get manual presets going?

Example 1: Starting a new material, I want a preset with IOR 1,3 // Glossyness (not roughness) 0.6 // Translucency of 0.5
I want to be able to preset these settings and load them up for all my different material types.

I'm not sure to what degree people use the presets provided, but I tried them and I found myself using only 1: the architectural glass.
To say "You can use the presets we provide as a base" defuses the point of using a preset in which all settings are correct to begin with. If we would take a preset and still have to check all the settings and adjust them to our liking, we might as well just start from scratch, the amount of clicks are the same still. So again: I want manual presets.

Extra: CHOOSE to delete the existing maps in those channels being altered when preset is selected. Instead of "automatic delete".

Creating manual presets would allow people to have more creative and productive control over their project, and thus time.

Grts

2022-08-16, 11:07:26
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you consider saving your set-up materials in the custom library and loading them from there instead of vanilla physical material?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures