Author Topic: Corona Benchmark. Petition  (Read 4985 times)

2022-07-11, 11:25:11

tero.design

• Active Users
  • CGI visualiser, freelancer
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
In connection with the Russian aggression, the military equipment in the image causes negative associations at the moment. In this regard, we would like to ask you to update the test scene. Everyone, who agrees with this request - write "I agree" in the comment section

2022-07-11, 11:41:25
Reply #1

nikord

• Users
    • View Profile

2022-07-11, 11:48:27
Reply #2

itarakanov

• Users
    • View Profile

2022-07-11, 11:53:02
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
AFAIK Ukrainian Army Forces themselves has that particular vehicle in service, so...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-11, 12:28:01
Reply #4

KiFO

• Users
    • View Profile
it would be nice to have a scene with HIMARS

2022-07-11, 14:43:41
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
To reassure everyone, do not forget our official stance can be read at https://twitter.com/ChaosGroup/status/1501578561148309506

We'd also like to point out the meaning of this scene, created in 2016 (https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-1-3-benchmark/ ), as it shows the vehicle in an abandoned state, with a flat tire, worn out, and with a peace symbol daubed on it, all acting as a symbol of post-communist peace/demilitarization in the Czech Republic. In fact, CZ still uses this same equipment. Thus the message of this scene would in fact be very much in line with support for Ukraine. Current situations should not change artistic expression in something that is only tenuously linked to current affairs, certainly not in existing scenes that already had a message and intent that is clear and has no negative associations.

All that said, it would not be possible to "replace" the scene in the benchmark, since it is compiled into the benchmark - it would take an entirely new benchmark. The good news is that this is already planned, simply because the existing scene is no longer complex or demanding enough to give significant differentiation between the latest generations of very fast processors. No date can be given on when this will be released though, could be some time yet, but it is in the works and the scene or scenes included will be all new.

Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-07-11, 15:04:15
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+ 1
for upgrading BM with more complexity:
adding more hard mesh & organic elements,  scattered rubble, further intricate shading, adding volumetrix (explosion)
exposing new features while also revealing human exquisite mind and heart felt passion for infinite stupidity in conflict

2022-07-11, 15:09:59
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It will actually be a totally new and different scene or scenes, unrelated to the current one (so, not a more complex version of this scene, but some entirely new scene).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-07-12, 20:03:30
Reply #8

tero.design

• Active Users
  • CGI visualiser, freelancer
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
It will actually be a totally new and different scene or scenes, unrelated to the current one (so, not a more complex version of this scene, but some entirely new scene).
Great news. Thank you!