Author Topic: Virtual Beauty Pass  (Read 1610 times)

2019-02-05, 15:48:36

jamieirvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Infinite3D
I'm finding that the Virtual Beauty pass doesn't work when using Team Render.  It renders out but looks no different the the beauty pass.  Whereas, when rendering locally, the Virtual Beauty Pass has significant de-noising applied.  I have tested on 0.6 & 0.8 values.

I'm trying to establish whether the denosing isn't working properly or if it is just the Virtual Beauty Pass that isn't right.
Core 3 HF2 - C4D R19 - OSX 10.13.2 - 64GB RAM

2019-02-05, 16:03:50
Reply #1

jamieirvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Infinite3D
I have attached a small test showing a sample scene. 

The left half was rendered locally and shows the resulting Virtual Beauty Pass @ 0.6 (NB it looks identical to the beauty pass)

The right half of the image was rendered using Team render on 3 nodes.  All settings are identical to the version rendered locally.

Although the difference at this resolution isn't enormous, you can clearly see that the denoising isn't working when using Team Render. It's more profound when rendering internals as there's usually quite a heavy amount of denoising required.
Core 3 HF2 - C4D R19 - OSX 10.13.2 - 64GB RAM

2019-02-05, 16:32:30
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Working for me here - info: Windows 10, C4D R20, Corona 4 daily build from Jan 24th.

I had a Beauty pass with 0 denoising, and a Virtual Beauty with 1 denoising, and rendered locally, and then using Team Render to Picture Viewer. In both cases, local and TR, the Virtual Beauty was denoised while the Beauty pass was not (though of course I could use the VFB to add denoising to the Beauty pass).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us