Author Topic: yellow shading error  (Read 3673 times)

2018-10-04, 13:59:03

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Scene attached.

Start the IR, open the node material editor, disable the noise in the middle that's used as a mask and the yellow appears in the IR.

On more complex scenes whenever I see this yellow I often get a crash soon after but I couldn't replicate the crash on a simple scene - hopefully sorting the yellow issue will also deal with the crash.

Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Oct  1 2018 15:15:10
Version: B2 rc 1 (core 3 (DailyBuild Oct  1 2018))
Cinema version: CINEMA 4D Studio R19.068 S
Plugin status: initialized successfully

Cheers

2018-10-04, 14:11:12
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We have this one (or a related one) on the internal bug tracker - from what I've seen so far, it looks like if Noise maps are used in more than one channel / material, then changing anything about the Noise makes the material render yellow until IR is restarted. Changing the Noise did used to cause a crash, but doesn't seem to any more (for me, in the Beta 2 RC1, the crash seems to have stopped). I've added a link to this thread to the internal bug report, so that the info here can be taken into consideration (and hopefully we can reply here when we have a fix for it :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-10-12, 13:35:02
Reply #2

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Creating material on a node system causes a yellow image in interactive rendering. This problem is for any material at any change.

2022-07-07, 17:02:47
Reply #3

prince_jr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have this one (or a related one) on the internal bug tracker - from what I've seen so far, it looks like if Noise maps are used in more than one channel / material, then changing anything about the Noise makes the material render yellow until IR is restarted. Changing the Noise did used to cause a crash, but doesn't seem to any more (for me, in the Beta 2 RC1, the crash seems to have stopped). I've added a link to this thread to the internal bug report, so that the info here can be taken into consideration (and hopefully we can reply here when we have a fix for it :) )

it still happens in c4d r23 and corona 8, hotfix 1.

2022-07-07, 17:33:10
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Best to send in the scene, via https://support.chaos.com/requests/new, because we've had no reports of this since 2018 which is now 4 years ago.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us