Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 134645 times)

2016-12-24, 12:03:03
Reply #240

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's either you don't know what feathered region render is, or there is something wrong with my installation... :/

Here is the same picture with marked region borders. Actually you can see them if you zoom the picture.

You are right, region on the picture IR_zoomed_region-2.jpg is not in the same position as on IR_zoomed_region-1.jpg, I stopped render and started it again, so the zoomed region not exactly on the same place, but zoom factor is the same

2016-12-24, 20:35:53
Reply #241

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas to all of you guys!

2016-12-25, 01:11:32
Reply #242

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Thanx bormax :)

May God bless corona and you all guys
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2016-12-27, 12:14:39
Reply #243

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder if anyone finds current implementation of feathered region render useful? Now if i try to use it, it gives nasty heavily undersampled pixels towards region edges, which makes this feature completely useless.

I'm not getting undersampled pixels like you, but I'm not getting feather region either. It looks like area just one pixel larger then selected region. You can easily see this with clear VFB inbetween renders turned on.
http://i.imgur.com/qjInz64.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/12jAanO.png

2016-12-27, 14:36:51
Reply #244

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's because you're not using feathered region. Maybe it's not very intuitive, but once you set region, hold CTRL and drag region border. Additional green rectangle should appear, indicating that now you're using feathered region.

I suspect the same might apply to Bormax's case, but i just gave up to investigate that :/
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-12-27, 14:54:14
Reply #245

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's because you're not using feathered region. Maybe it's not very intuitive, but once you set region, hold CTRL and drag region border.

Oh I see. I did hold down CTRL but I thought you just start new region with CTRL. Let's retest.
Yes, you are right, same thing here, nasty artifacts on the edges:
http://i.imgur.com/9TtyWzg.png
http://i.imgur.com/AD8GfGl.png

2016-12-29, 14:23:56
Reply #246

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I'm on the latest beta now and don't like the new fb behaviour on IR when pressing "Tools" on and off. The render size is changing which is really a downstep to me compared to 1.5. Is this a bug or desired feature?

2016-12-29, 15:05:06
Reply #247

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm on the latest beta now and don't like the new fb behaviour on IR when pressing "Tools" on and off. The render size is changing which is really a downstep to me compared to 1.5. Is this a bug or desired feature?

A feature. To prevent window resizing when having window maximized. But it's true that it wasn't well thought through in regards to interactive rendering.

2016-12-29, 19:49:13
Reply #248

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, this is quite irritating. It also means that IR is restarting every time you open or close the "tool" tab. Not good for an efficient workflow :(

2016-12-30, 00:10:49
Reply #249

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
A feature. To prevent window resizing when having window maximized. But it's true that it wasn't well thought through in regards to interactive rendering.

Pity! I liked the old behaviour much more.

2016-12-30, 11:39:05
Reply #250

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
do not worry, we can do something about it for IR ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-01-04, 14:00:02
Reply #251

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Latest daily. 3ds 2014

For some reason batch render failed to save light mixer render layer and saved only beauty in the right derectory.

It have not even been saved in the default 3ds maxes derictory. I think there is slight bug crawling out there. Or there is something wrong with 3ds.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2017-01-04, 17:24:50
Reply #252

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
about the zoom_feature with int vfb - can you disable it, if you don't want to focus the sampling on parts of the whole image, but accidentally resize the vfb-framebuffer?

its just a question up-front. I had not the time to play with 1.6db yet

2017-01-04, 19:23:20
Reply #253

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's just for interactive rendering. You can safely zoom in/out while doing regular rendering - it won't affect sampling.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-01-04, 22:13:14
Reply #254

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Max 2017 + v1.6 1december = no zoom in Interactive VFB... why?