Author Topic: IES path  (Read 2993 times)

2014-10-15, 21:55:14

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
It would be nice to be able to clean the path of IES file in the light source.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2014-11-10, 01:09:28
Reply #1

duke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me also add one more thing related to IES path. When I use corona lights and load IES file in it, if I want to change the IES file the dialog window opens my project folder instead of the folder where the loaded IES file is located. It should open the folder where the currently loaded IES file is.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-10, 03:40:59 by duke »

2014-11-10, 10:46:20
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me also add one more thing related to IES path. When I use corona lights and load IES file in it, if I want to change the IES file the dialog window opens my project folder instead of the folder where the loaded IES file is located. It should open the folder where the currently loaded IES file is.

And it should ideally highlight the currently selected file. In a folder with 100s of IES files it is very tedious to find the last used one and move on from there to the next one. If the file would be selected/highlighted, that would be neat.

Also (adding this here but should be probably a separate), I'd love to have some sort of a graph preview, without it you actually need to know what the IES looks like.

2015-01-18, 21:38:47
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Added.

Note that I cannot manipulate the open file dialog, since it is rendered by 3ds max
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)