Author Topic: Beautiful Computer Generated Images IV. - Reflections  (Read 13675 times)

2017-05-17, 15:26:53

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
So guys here I am again :) Below is the description, on the Behance (https://www.behance.net/gallery/52767055/Beautiful-Computer-Generated-Images-IV-Reflections) there is also asphalt to download and high-res pictures as always.

Beautiful Computer Generated Images is a collection of Seven projects, collection of seven Manifests, where every piece is an intersection of Technology and Art. It depicts imaginary places, imaginary objects where every element is arranged to create beautiful Composition and where photorealistic simulations are enriched and elevated by Custom color mapping to craft a piece formed by true Art.
Manifests show what I consider truly beautiful, what I am passionate about and what I love. Passion in Computer Generated Image, passion in Composition, beauty in Simplicity, Light, custom Colors, passion in bending image within a Purpose, in adjusting piece with an Abstract elements, all elevated by Custom Color Mapping to form something Unseen, something New and very Artistic.
Manifests have been developed for 8 months, working solely on the manifests, between 2016 and 2017 and are periodically released every three weeks. After all seven have been released, there is going to be a book stitching all the pieces together.
Everything is custom made - from scratch - models, materials.
I welcome to watch the fourth one.

IV. Reflections
Reflections is a collection of two imaginary urban spaces where beauty of Reflections and Refractions is portrayed. It depicts passion in Reflections and Refractions in its most natural occurrence, during Rain creating mirror like puddles. Also in raindrops, windows and wet environment. It also depicts passion in contrast between Older urban space and New urban space. Passion in Vintage cars.
Project has been rendered in Corona rendering engine. Modeling was done in 3Ds Max. Models and textures custom created except the car model. For the raindrops I heavly adjusted texture by Cornelius Dämmrich from his 52Hz project. Asphalt is made of many stitched textures together with custom painted high depth displacement map - download on Behance. Raindrops are placed on the car and windows by using dupicate offset car model refraction layer.
Inspiration credits: Jose Villa, Gardens by the Bay.

Upcoming Manifest - V. - 7.6.2017

Models to download.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19, 10:54:03 by JakubCech »

2017-05-17, 15:49:59
Reply #1

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work!

Just a feeling that the car is smaller than it is. In scale of kerbs and raindrops on car..

2017-05-17, 19:06:47
Reply #2

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That last image is brilliant. perfect composition and balance of colours.

Also thanks for the asphalt, much appreciated!

2017-05-17, 20:45:27
Reply #3

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This one is just sooo good :)
Jakub, thanks for the asphalt shader/textures. I've got one question for you about it. Diffuse texture which you used is quite dark. When I compared it to pure dark color in diffuse slot it was similar to like RGB 2. Isn't it too dark? I always thought that pure black materials should have diffuse around RGB 5-6. Or am I getting something wrong about gamma thing...?

Cheers!
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2017-05-18, 04:58:08
Reply #4

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
these are lovely.. i can feel the rain on this scene.

2017-05-18, 06:06:50
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
very inspiring renders as always. I love that kind of cinematic color scheme.
imho the second image got a bit too much dof which makes the car looks too small, doesn't it?

2017-05-18, 10:14:17
Reply #6

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Wonderful mood, I love the overall color (witch is never what my customers want)...
Just a critic about he second image, where I don't love the raindrops render on the car (seems like some mud or anything dirty).
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
Roland
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2017-05-18, 11:57:45
Reply #7

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Wow guys thanks for beautiful feedback :)

Great work! Just a feeling that the car is smaller than it is. In scale of kerbs and raindrops on car..
Thank you so much for kind words shadowman. Regarding car - you are probably right. You are already the second person telling me this - but honestly I think the scale of the curbs is probably the wrongest one. As the road is meant to be for two cars, I think the scale is right to fit two cars on the road  also if you look at the trees behind its making sense. But the curbs, these are huge - I think this was the mistake regarding scaling - they make car appear small. Thank you for pointing this out.

That last image is brilliant. perfect composition and balance of colours. Also thanks for the asphalt, much appreciated!
Thank you! My pleasure to share.

This one is just sooo good :) Jakub, thanks for the asphalt shader/textures. I've got one question for you about it. Diffuse texture which you used is quite dark. When I compared it to pure dark color in diffuse slot it was similar to like RGB 2. Isn't it too dark? I always thought that pure black materials should have diffuse around RGB 5-6. Or am I getting something wrong about gamma thing...? Cheers!
I am very glad to hear you like it - thank you! Regarding asphalt - well I was surprised myself as well. BUT - this was the point where it worked for me the best (I enjoyed it the most to look at). It may be probable that if you look at it without reflection it may seem too dark - but in this case, reflections did fill in all the needed appearance. You can bump it up if you wish anyway. So all in all - it just worked like this the best for me (again - there are no rules, only your eyes).

these are lovely.. i can feel the rain on this scene.
Thank you dartofang, and thanks for some great models you shared lately :)

very inspiring renders as always. I love that kind of cinematic color scheme. imho the second image got a bit too much dof which makes the car looks too small, doesn't it?
Thank you for beautiful words. Regarding dof - well it doesnt look small in my eyes - I feel its natural/correct for me. Also no one else pointed this out - but you might be right.

Wonderful mood, I love the overall color (witch is never what my customers want)...Just a critic about he second image, where I don't love the raindrops render on the car (seems like some mud or anything dirty).Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Roland
Thank you so much for appreciation! And thank you for the critics - can you point on where you feel it looks like mud please?

2017-05-18, 13:25:04
Reply #8

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Hi Jakub
I think it's just a simple thing (I don't know maybe it's not) but raindrops are more transparent here :

And this is a quick try with your asphalt shader (just to thank you).

Regards
Roland
Portfolio on Béhance

2017-05-18, 17:08:21
Reply #9

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Wow... Super images. Great lighting and composition. Love the environment.

2017-05-18, 20:58:23
Reply #10

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile
amazing work man bravo!! Btw how can i download the model ? i couldnt download it
« Last Edit: 2017-05-18, 21:05:00 by eros11 »
www.hudayikarapinar.com    /  Instagram @hudayikarapinar

2017-05-19, 07:59:25
Reply #11

lightmansor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19, 08:06:47 by lightmansor »

2017-05-19, 09:54:10
Reply #12

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Hi Jakub I think it's just a simple thing (I don't know maybe it's not) but raindrops are more transparent here :
And this is a quick try with your asphalt shader (just to thank you).Regards Roland
Hey Roland, regarding the "mud" - yes! definitely the part you selected looks wrong - I knew it but hasnt enough power to re-render. Gosh - do you guys have to find every little thing? hahaha, just kidding. Thank you for pointing on it. In my eyes it doesnt look like mud, but does not look correct - looks like unfocued big white something (but not rain drops). Regarding my used apshalt - ohh great! You nailed it! I mean I nailed it, I mean we nailed it haha. I am glad it works just fine!

Wow... Super images. Great lighting and composition. Love the environment.
Thank you so much Image Box Studios! Thank you for following my collection.

amazing work man bravo!! Btw how can i download the model ? i couldnt download it
Thank you! On Behance just hit on "Download" and then download it from Google Drive (or where it redirects you).

Enter in the behance to prestige the work and to download https://www.behance.net/gallery/52767055/Beautiful-Computer-Generated-Images-IV-Reflections
Or simply go to the link below. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2UrrtMXDiB-N09lZldwZDR1enc
Hey thanks for helping! - I do not copy the links outside the Behance because of these reasons:
1. User can download it from Behance without registration and "prestiging" project.
2. It shows the project in its full "glory" - with all the stylyzed text and format.
3. If I update the model or change my hosting I need to update the link on just one place instead of updating at multiple places what makes it more consistent.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-19, 10:54:18 by JakubCech »

2017-05-19, 11:50:30
Reply #13

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Gosh - do you guys have to find every little thing? hahaha, just kidding.
Regarding my used apshalt - ohh great! You nailed it! I mean I nailed it, I mean we nailed it haha. I am glad it works just fine!
Hi Jakub
You're right it's not good to criticize every little thing, but you know I've looked at your wonderful images in their globality and I really really appreciate the overall mood, lighting, amazing texturing, and this little detail chocked (big word woo) me because it was not of the quality of the rest.
Well you've done it, and the number of positive reactions prove that it is an amazing result !
Thanks again for sharing your work.
Roland
Portfolio on Béhance

2017-05-19, 23:54:59
Reply #14

eros11

• Active Users
    • View Profile