Author Topic: Stormgade - The Kitchen  (Read 5140 times)

2016-12-07, 11:20:53

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi guys

A few shots from this 1700th apartment in Copenhagen. Went a bit old school with the kitchen fronts.

Hope you like it! Next up: The Dining Room :)

My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2016-12-07, 11:33:17
Reply #1

GranDosicua

• Active Users
  • G24 Studio
    • View Profile
    • G24 Studio
Very clean and professional, great work!
Corona RenderER. C'mon, is not so difficult...

2016-12-07, 16:37:18
Reply #2

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah very nice images, catalogue look.

Just that smoothing groups on sweep bothering my eyes B|

2016-12-08, 12:03:16
Reply #3

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
ugh! Thought I was the only one who would notice that, but you are totally right. Will be fixed on the next set of images ;)

Thanks though guys! Much appreciated.

2016-12-08, 14:55:46
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow these are great! Is there much post processing or are these straight out of the VFB? Also what's your lighting setup like?
Vray who?

2016-12-08, 16:07:23
Reply #5

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Wow these are great! Is there much post processing or are these straight out of the VFB? Also what's your lighting setup like?

Thank you!

Some detail extraction, curves and color corrections in PS. Nothing fancy I would say. Could probably do most of it in the 1.6 VFB from now on, but I'm still leaning on PS to experiment a little on the end result.

Only light source is from the HDRI.

2016-12-08, 17:01:29
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you!

Some detail extraction, curves and color corrections in PS. Nothing fancy I would say. Could probably do most of it in the 1.6 VFB from now on, but I'm still leaning on PS to experiment a little on the end result.

Only light source is from the HDRI.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm digging the new VFB features, so great to not have to muck around in photoshop for basic tasks.

Would you mind linking me (here on via PM) which HDRI you used? I'm trying to build up a library for various scenarios and I really like the clean bright look you've got going on here.

Oh and btw, are you using any filmic tone mapping or the regular tonemapping? I like the effect filmic has on preserving colour saturation, but I find it tends to get a bit ugly with shadows/highlights sometimes.
Vray who?

2016-12-08, 19:43:40
Reply #7

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm digging the new VFB features, so great to not have to muck around in photoshop for basic tasks.

Would you mind linking me (here on via PM) which HDRI you used? I'm trying to build up a library for various scenarios and I really like the clean bright look you've got going on here.

Oh and btw, are you using any filmic tone mapping or the regular tonemapping? I like the effect filmic has on preserving colour saturation, but I find it tends to get a bit ugly with shadows/highlights sometimes.

Sure, it's number 3 from V1 of the packs from VizPeople: http://www.samples.viz-people.com/catalogs/HDRI_v1b_catalog.pdf with some extra contrast to it. I do get a bit too yellow looking direct sunlight from it though. So I'm fixing that in post.

Think most of the shots were made with 0.50 value in Filmic Shadows and I'm using the Adanmq_Advantix_100 LUT at 0.50 value too. That gave me a nice base to fine tune it in photoshop.

2016-12-08, 21:17:36
Reply #8

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Sure, it's number 3 from V1 of the packs from VizPeople: http://www.samples.viz-people.com/catalogs/HDRI_v1b_catalog.pdf with some extra contrast to it. I do get a bit too yellow looking direct sunlight from it though. So I'm fixing that in post.

Think most of the shots were made with 0.50 value in Filmic Shadows and I'm using the Adanmq_Advantix_100 LUT at 0.50 value too. That gave me a nice base to fine tune it in photoshop.

Thanks, that's a great help! Those HDRI's look awesome, definitely going to check them out.
Vray who?