Author Topic: [►C4D] Poly Hair "shader" with different settings(Xpresso) V1.2 (Mar.13.18)  (Read 5721 times)

2018-02-14, 00:03:53

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
My first time posting in this section, unnoticed till now...

I just finished my first version of my hair shader for C4D, tried to emulate some features from other renderers.
It works best with non-flat geometry, but with the right settings, that shouldn't be a problem either.
The most important visual controls are controlled by a null-object using Xpresso.

The challenge was to get the hair's angular shift right I hope my procedural layer stacks come close to that. That took a lot of coffee...

If one doesn't fit, then there's another mode and an additional procedural normal bump simulating the scales, also giving an anisotropic effect.

For the diffuse, there are also two options, one being a link to the native c4d hair material. I'd be careful with that as it may easily produce overbright results and other fun stuff...
But if handled correctly, it can be used to create color variations in the hair.

I'm still trying to get a melanin mode, similar to Arnold's but I'm not sure which method to use.
A melanin redness slider is built in if you just want to add a reddish tone to the material but intended for the next version(mode 3).

I hope it's useful to you.

Btw, since this is my first time in this forum, you can find my other materials here.

« Last Edit: 2018-03-13, 11:27:15 by Eddoron »

2018-02-14, 03:13:43
Reply #1

danielsian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Hey Eddoron

I'm downloading this right now, not tested yet, but looks promising!

Thanks

2018-03-08, 03:07:42
Reply #2

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
updated to 1.1

bug fixes, illumination added

2018-03-13, 00:17:50
Reply #3

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Update to 1.2 :

• Added Opacity fall-off (currently spline controlled, might change completely in later version)
  • Minor fixes + more support of C4D's hair shader
« Last Edit: 2018-03-14, 16:28:24 by Eddoron »