Author Topic: Coronamix into bump spot - LEGION_STOP error  (Read 10415 times)

2020-05-06, 14:42:32

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hello guys,

I've just encountered this problem for the first time, probably after the latest update to C5hf2 .. It is easily resolved once I've found out what it is, just wanted to make sure this behaviour is to be expected..
When placing CoronaMix map into bump slot, the rendering gets corrupted and message LEGION_STOP @ C:\Corona\src\CoronaMX Utils\MixTex\MixTex.h(92)

This can be easily resolved by placing the CoronaMix map through CoronaBumpConverter into bump slot..  But I am pretty sure I could render it out without this additional step before, so not sure if it is bug or not..
Actually I did find out this error after opening older scene and getting this message, which worked fine before with CMix in bump slot..

The solution I mentioned works fine, but posting this as maybe you would like to have a look at it..
Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2020-05-06, 15:26:24 by David Males »

2020-05-06, 17:31:11
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's definitely not expected, and we will definitely look into it! Thanks a lot for reporting!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-05-06, 18:17:00
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Btw: you can force "legion stop"[tm] often by selecting invalid drop down options (indexed) by script or animation settings. For instance, when setting skyModel to float "3", you get a

"LEGION_STOP @ c:\Corona\src\CoronaCore\misc\shaders\SkyShader.cpp(294)"

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-05-07, 16:07:09
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@David Males I can't reproduce it. I tried with IR, regular render, empty Corona Mix, and with some bitmaps loaded. Could you please provide a simple scene where this happens? Corona 5 HF2 here.

2020-05-07, 17:10:21
Reply #4

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
@David Males I can't reproduce it. I tried with IR, regular render, empty Corona Mix, and with some bitmaps loaded. Could you please provide a simple scene where this happens? Corona 5 HF2 here.

Actually I can't reproduce it in new scene as well, so maybe something got corrupted during the import from the older versions?
If you still want to try, I've managed to strip the file where it occurs down to 1 box with 1 material ... But maybe it is just corrupted file that evokes it ..  Let me know if you can reproduce it from this file too.
Thanks!

2020-05-07, 17:36:00
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Actually I can't reproduce it in new scene as well, so maybe something got corrupted during the import from the older versions?
If you still want to try, I've managed to strip the file where it occurs down to 1 box with 1 material ... But maybe it is just corrupted file that evokes it ..  Let me know if you can reproduce it from this file too.
Thanks!

Reproduced! Thanks so much for the scene!

(Internal ID=503927109)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-07, 17:39:29 by maru »

2020-05-28, 14:36:39
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We have fixed this issue and it is released in the latest daily build. They daily build can be found: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26830.0

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!