Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Corona for Apple Silicon M1?

<< < (3/26) > >>

TomG:
Just a reminder that the wording is we *want* 8 to have M1 support - this does not guarantee it will have, though; as noted, it's not an easy task. So this is not a promise that it will be in 8, just a statement we would like it to be. All depends how development goes and what unforeseen things crop up.

bitarafali:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2021-09-16, 14:52:58 ---Just a reminder that the wording is we *want* 8 to have M1 support - this does not guarantee it will have, though; as noted, it's not an easy task. So this is not a promise that it will be in 8, just a statement we would like it to be. All depends how development goes and what unforeseen things crop up.

--- End quote ---

I have another question about M1. What about Corona-Render in windows(3ds max or C4D) but in a apple macbook M1 that running windows?

jms.lwly:

--- Quote from: bitarafali on 2021-10-24, 12:41:45 ---I have another question about M1. What about Corona-Render in windows(3ds max or C4D) but in a apple macbook M1 that running windows?

--- End quote ---

For reference - I have 3DS Max / Corona running fine on a Mac running Windows (via Parallels) but not yet tried to move the setup onto an M1 Mac. I know there have been issues with the M1 chips running some Windows apps via Parallels and it's not yet optimised - also, with the move to M1 chips there is no Bootcamp option any more so virtualising Windows would be the only route (Parallels, VMWare, other).

Philw:
You can’t virtualise normal windows on M1. There is a developer ARM64 version of Windows but it’s not great and as far as I know currently not supported by VMware or Parallels either.

jp3112:

--- Quote from: mmarcotic on 2021-09-16, 10:52:17 ---„In the meantime, it is possible to use M1 with Corona via Rosetta.“

--- End quote ---

Do you or someone else know how the performance and the stability of corona run through Rosetta is? I need a Notebook for homeoffice and the 14‘ MacBook Pro would be perfect except Corona isn’t natively supported yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version