Author Topic: Opening Exr file?  (Read 12221 times)

2017-06-01, 22:03:31

fedecuadros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello friends,
I'm trying to open a exr file with all Light mix information but I didn't find any option in Corona VFB to re-open my rendered file...I want to change some illumination parameters.
I work in OSX C4D and I saw windows version has a separate lightmix program, maybe there is a way to open it.
Can you help me?

Thanks!

2017-06-01, 23:43:24
Reply #1

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Hi,
I open my exr with photoshop. With Exr.io plugin http://www.exr-io.com/
U get all yours render elements in differents layers.

2017-06-02, 01:33:09
Reply #2

fedecuadros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the answer.
I will check the app.

2017-06-02, 10:01:13
Reply #3

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi fedecuadros,

I am working on macOS version right now. It is already running since yesterday, so I think it can appear in daily build next week.

Nikola

2017-06-02, 15:05:15
Reply #4

fedecuadros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Nikola,
That's look amazing, I will waiting for the update.
Thanks for make our work easier.

Best regards,

2017-06-03, 08:50:26
Reply #5

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi fedecuadros,

I am working on macOS version right now. It is already running since yesterday, so I think it can appear in daily build next week.

Nikola

Yeah, looks great! Looking forward to the next daily build!

2017-06-03, 08:58:52
Reply #6

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I open my exr with photoshop. With Exr.io plugin http://www.exr-io.com/
U get all yours render elements in differents layers.

Hello, there is no Exr.io plugin for OSX. There is also great and free Proexr plugin for that. Although, you missed the point. He's looking for corona image editor for osx, to be able to fine tune image afterwards (including denoising) from .cxr file (Corona exr file). Happy rendering!

2017-06-03, 09:03:21
Reply #7

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello friends,
I'm trying to open a exr file with all Light mix information but I didn't find any option in Corona VFB to re-open my rendered file...I want to change some illumination parameters.
I work in OSX C4D and I saw windows version has a separate lightmix program, maybe there is a way to open it.
Can you help me?

Thanks!

You should be saving your renders as .cxr file (Corona EXR) files on OSX, not .exr files (or both, 'till CIE gets out in next daily build), so when CIE appears sometime next week, you'll be able to get back to your rendered image and adjust it.

2017-06-04, 20:45:28
Reply #8

fedecuadros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi nesha_2,
I didn't find the option to render in .cxr.
Can you tell me where it is?

Thanks!

2017-06-05, 07:01:17
Reply #9

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure. Long press "Save" button in Corona VFB, two options will unfold - "Save all" (what you were doing all the time with .exr, I guess) and "Save CXR".

2017-06-10, 14:56:54
Reply #10

anton taf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.
Can someone please explain his Post process of the EXR and CXR files including the Corona Image Editor and Photoshop?

What I want to clarify is how to actually merge the "Lightmix" layer with the "Beauty" denoised layer after editing in Image editor. Because what I want finally is the Lighmix Denoised.
What I do is that I select for the Desoise setting "Gather Data for Later" in order to apply the denoising in Image editor.

Also I want to clarify if there is a difference saving the files from Corona VFB or from Cinema Picture viewer. Because in most cases for final renders I use the Take system, and I would like to Save the images from the render settings with filename "$camera" for each different camera. So I select EXR file for the regular image and TIFF (PSD layers) for the multipass image.
I'm asking about the Cinema 4d picture viewer because I see some slight differences in the image quality. In previous alpha versions of Corona I had issues with the alpha channel, when saving from the Corona VFB. So I used to save from Picture viewer I think now this is resolved (or not?).
Thanks

2017-06-12, 16:14:39
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On getting a Denoised LightMix, simply enable the Denoise checkbox for each LightSelect layer. The LightMix will then be Denoised (as it will be a combination of all the denoised lightselect layers). No need to blend it in any way with the Beauty pass.

To denoise in the Corona Image Editor:

- Enable denoising on each LightSelect as above
- Set Denoising option to "Gather data for later"
- Render and save to CXR (dropdown from the Corona VFB save option)
- Load the CXR into the CIE
- Run denoising in the CIE
- The LightMix Interactive layer is then denoised like above (as it is a combination of the denoised LightSelect layers)

Hope this helps!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-06-12, 18:44:26
Reply #12

anton taf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks TomG, got it.

Wouldn't be nice to have the save option for CXR inside the render settings? For autosaving when the render finishes.

Also I have some difficulties sometimes with the Take system. I have many cameras and I setup different light setups and objects from the Take system, but for some reason I don't trust it, because after a lot of adjustments, some of my cameras take much more time to render. When I delete all Takes and work with the regular camera it's better.
I don't know if anyone else experienced similar behavior from this.. The adjustments I do are On/Off Groups of objects (like regular objects or Groups with light setups) and sometimes I move objects. A tree for example that in one camera is fine and in the other needs to be slightly moved. Maybe the move of objects is buggy (?)..

It's the same issue somehow, because the idea is to render more than one Takes and autosave each one..
Thanks

2017-06-13, 18:39:32
Reply #13

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi fedecuadros,

Nikola

There are new releases of the new Daily Build with CIE for OSX?

Leo

2017-06-14, 09:50:01
Reply #14

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi fedecuadros,

Nikola

There are new releases of the new Daily Build with CIE for OSX?

Leo
Hi Leo,

Because I was not at work in the second half of last week, I am finishing the work on CIE for macOS right now. It works, but there was a lot of work to make UI look the same like on Windows (because of UI library we use), but there are no serious problems, it only takes time.

Nikola