Author Topic: Corona for C4D A6.3 testing  (Read 22229 times)

2017-03-24, 23:03:53

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

because there was a lot of problems connected to normal maps we are releasing Corona for C4D A6.3. We fixed problems with normal map strength settings, problems with normal maps when projection other than UVW mapping was used and various other issues connected to normals. We also fixed not working motion blur when command line render is used and crashing of Corona when displacement was used mainly for bigger scenes.

I would like to ask you for testing the A6.3 version, and if it is OK, we will change the download links on Corona download page. Here are the links for testing:

macOS:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7xyYS3daSJ7WV9pYS1ObkVCamM
Windows:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7g1HtV8lD7gekZnVlJuSXkxcnM
« Last Edit: 2017-03-27, 10:44:59 by nikolat »

2017-03-25, 01:54:35
Reply #1

hdri3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much

2017-03-25, 02:06:39
Reply #2

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, thanks.  Just downloaded and so far, so good.

2017-03-25, 05:33:00
Reply #3

Flamingo

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
Thank you very much. You are making a great job. I love corona

2017-03-25, 08:07:02
Reply #4

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, under test now.

Edit: normal maps are ok with every kind of projection mapping. I must force exposure a bit to have best results. No more crash with displacement with my outside forest macro scene. Motion blur ok.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-25, 08:44:18 by synolog »

2017-03-25, 10:36:06
Reply #5

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Nikola. That's a late finish for a Friday! Will test as soon as I can but sounds like the fixes are working well. Also appreciate the work done on displacement crashes. If that works it will save a lot of last minute headaches.

2017-03-25, 15:00:27
Reply #6

AlexejK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here on Windows 10. C4D R18

Normal mapping works fine now. Great work! Thank you guys!

2017-03-25, 17:37:03
Reply #7

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Definitely an improvement with 6.3 normals! I rendered some screws out. I have attached some before/after. A zoomed out render still looks a little wavy. Not sure if it's a bug or if thats just the nature of it? Also the VFB still says hotfix 2. Not a huge deal, but just thought I'd let you guys know :P

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2017-03-27, 10:46:17
Reply #8

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
MacOS package with fixed R14 version uploaded, the download link is the same.

2017-03-27, 10:59:56
Reply #9

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely an improvement with 6.3 normals! I rendered some screws out. I have attached some before/after. A zoomed out render still looks a little wavy. Not sure if it's a bug or if thats just the nature of it? Also the VFB still says hotfix 2. Not a huge deal, but just thought I'd let you guys know :P

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Thank you for testing mrittman. Would it be possible to send us your scene so we can make sure that there is no problem with e.g. filtering in zoomed out case? VFB is showing version of Corona core used by CornaC4D plugin but it is quite confusing. We should include the version of plugin in the title too same like in about dialog.

2017-03-27, 11:31:42
Reply #10

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola, alas im still getting problems with that paving file. When using a substance I still get the lines, and when using the bitmap versions in the normal shader it doesnt really show up. I have the mapping set to 0.75 cubic. If I switch it between uv and cubic I different outcomes but neither are right. When I set it to 3000% I get the lines back using the bitmap files. No matter which way I try it, there still seems to be an issue for me. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Looks like its fixed some stuff for other people so Im not sure why this is such a problem case.

Also to confirm the preview box is black is that right?

Thanks for looking in to this.

2017-03-27, 12:17:56
Reply #11

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola, alas im still getting problems with that paving file. When using a substance I still get the lines, and when using the bitmap versions in the normal shader it doesnt really show up. I have the mapping set to 0.75 cubic. If I switch it between uv and cubic I different outcomes but neither are right. When I set it to 3000% I get the lines back using the bitmap files. No matter which way I try it, there still seems to be an issue for me. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Looks like its fixed some stuff for other people so Im not sure why this is such a problem case.

Also to confirm the preview box is black is that right?

Thanks for looking in to this.

Hi, could you post the c4d file with textures?

2017-03-27, 13:38:22
Reply #12

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/askxl9gtrjhn5wb/paving.zip?dl=0

Here's a link. I've stripped it down to key textures and omitted the original substance. But it would be interesting to see if anyone else has a problem rendering this from just opening and rendering. Ive set the strength to 3000% otherwise nothing shows up really. Weirdly the preview ball looks OK.

2017-03-27, 14:31:19
Reply #13

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i've tried your file and the problem is the cubic projection. If you use uvw mapping there are no more lines. I think that this happens because uvw mapping is linked with geometry. With cubic projection there are lines if you use a simple bump fdm noise (put 5000% strentgh to see it).

In the second image you can see the difference between the floor with UVW p.map and the cube CUBIC p.map.

2017-03-27, 14:45:47
Reply #14

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Thank you for testing mrittman. Would it be possible to send us your scene so we can make sure that there is no problem with e.g. filtering in zoomed out case? VFB is showing version of Corona core used by CornaC4D plugin but it is quite confusing. We should include the version of plugin in the title too same like in about dialog.

PM'd you my scene file :)
« Last Edit: 2017-03-27, 15:41:13 by mrittman »