Author Topic: OS X version status  (Read 20618 times)

2016-06-20, 15:31:51

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

can you post some status on the OS X version? :) When it will be able to download alpha version? And when it will be possible to buy the licence as well? :)

Cheers,

Zbieraj

2016-06-20, 17:20:03
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Some first versions are scheduled for about 16.08.2016: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
You can check out the OS X Benchmark already: https://corona-renderer.com/benchmark/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-20, 22:29:36
Reply #2

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much Maru!

About the benchmark - I now it, I already made the test on my MBP, but it was not fascinating (around 4 minutes?).

About the schedule - I fell like a stupid - I was searching for the "road maps" for a long time at Corona sites but I didn't find it. Thanks again Maru!

2016-06-21, 00:37:37
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
well... we now have prototype C4D plugin for mac running ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-21, 17:08:40
Reply #4

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
YES!  Great news, I can't wait to try it out.

2016-06-23, 20:05:03
Reply #5

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, are you searching for beta testers? ;D (even under the need of buying the licence before it officially will be out - vRay user here - I am really tired of it and its prices so that's why I can't really wait for OS X version)

2016-07-13, 17:41:37
Reply #6

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Overall question - will OS X version mean that each time there will be new Corona Render version, it will be realased for all platforms? Or it is impossible to easly port majority of functions in the same time?

In the moment of realease - will C4D version be using the same engine, as 3ds Max's one? Will there be finally this pain of vRay over? (that C4D always get way older core because completely separate people are working on it)

Can you give OS X uses more info on how is the development going and what are behind the scenes of making OS X version? :) (like the challenges that you had meet and so on). It would interesting to know how much work it is :)

2016-07-14, 11:00:56
Reply #7

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am the OS X developer of Corona team and I successfully ported Corona Standalone and Corona C4D plugin to OS X. I can see no problem in releasing Corona Standalone for Windows and Corona Standalone for OS X in same time but there can be delay in implementing new features to C4D plugin for OS X (not in porting new features from Windows to OS X). Main reason is that we would like to focus on the stability of C4D plugin for OS X.

C4D plugin for OS X (Standalone too) use the same core as Corona for Windows and this will apply also for release.

The current state of C4D plugin for OS X is the same as the state of C4D plugin for Windows. We have one bug in C4D plugin connected to gamma now. When it is fixed I will post screenshots of Corona C4D plugin running on OS X ;-)

We will start releasing testing builds of OS X version of Corona C4D plugin with testing builds of Windows version soon so you can become a beta tester. Just send an e-mail to miodek@corona-renderer.com.

2016-07-14, 15:07:45
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. Nice to know you're doing fine ;)

2016-07-14, 15:57:46
Reply #9

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic news Nikolat!  I can't wait to check it out.

-Shane

2016-07-14, 16:08:33
Reply #10

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks nikolat!

But when the problems with plugin will be solved, is it possible that in the future OS X version and Windows version will be released in the same time?

2016-07-15, 09:26:41
Reply #11

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If there will not be any problems we will try to release OS X version and Windows version in the same time of course.

2016-08-03, 17:43:55
Reply #12

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

We just agreed to defer release of next daily build (both Windows and OS X version) because we integrated to Cinema 4D new Corona Framebuffer (with denoising, vignette, bloom and glare post-effects) but we have some technical problems with the consistent behavior of Cinema 4D Picture Viewer and Corona Framebuffer. We already found the technical solution but it must be implemented and tested yet thus delay should not be too long.

And for impatient the screenshot (with denoised render) is attached.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-03, 18:34:54 by nikolat »

2016-08-04, 13:03:59
Reply #13

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congrats and keep it up!

2016-08-04, 13:18:20
Reply #14

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile