Author Topic: Parsing the scene  (Read 12599 times)

2016-03-17, 15:23:44

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have multiple scenes where the render hangs on Parsing the scene. I can wait forever and it wont stop parsing. I need to end 3dsmax, and open the autosave every time. This is pretty anoying. Is there anyone else having this?  And is this on the top of the bug resolve list?
I am a fond user of corona but this is a big GRRRRRRRPPUMPPPFFF and ARRGGGHHHGGHGHH for me...

btw, its totally random

2016-03-17, 15:31:00
Reply #1

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could be a RAM issue.

2016-03-17, 15:34:49
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Which version of Corona? Can you report it over helpdesk? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-17, 15:43:24
Reply #3

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@maru: done / corona 1.3 in 3dsmax 2015

Ram is 32Gb, and only uses (when it does render) around 5Gb

2016-03-18, 08:08:19
Reply #4

jigu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
do you have motionblur turned on and object that has motionblur is selected when put to rendering?

I have this happen with "XMesh" object selected and if motionblur is turned on in render setup dialogue. It hangs on parsing scene.

2016-04-24, 22:04:25
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Do you use Corona bitmaps?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-08, 19:51:15
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
any progress? Does it happen in latest RC? can you share a scene where it happens (http://corona-renderer.com/upload)? How much random it is?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-12, 11:35:47
Reply #7

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have the same issue - its totally random - it does not take forever but it can take a good minute for what would usually take 3 seconds.

2016-05-12, 12:22:36
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Which version of Corona?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-13, 16:53:35
Reply #9

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
do you have motionblur turned on and object that has motionblur is selected when put to rendering?

I have this happen with "XMesh" object selected and if motionblur is turned on in render setup dialogue. It hangs on parsing scene.

I might have idea about it since i am active Thinking particle user.

There is a pausability that corona hangs if there is no prerecorded particle cache. Or if simulations of any kind are going on while the rendering proces is beeing started (for example it needs to be something recalculated, for example aditional teselation, before render of new frame).

This is very anoying limitation but still this is LIMITATION related to any particle cache not only TP.

To avoid this:

1 - always prerecord cache before starting render.
2 - chek and double chek for maching of vieport and render sttings.

PS - i could have reacted earlier on this thread, it is because i read only part of the topic.

PSS - also insane amount of motion blurred geometry might cause insane acc structure building times (for example scattered trees with wind, or alot of particles shitload millions for them) then you should use 1 velocity chanel 2 pixel motion blur in addobe after effects.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-13, 17:04:54 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-08-17, 15:15:56
Reply #10

Gander0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've had this a lot recently using very heavy forest pack carpets.

It would be great to be able to escape out of parsing and/or see parsing progress.

Cheers

Jan

2016-08-20, 10:07:01
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
CAn you (anyone with this problem) capture a minidump when it happens? How is the CPU and RAM usage when it happens?

2016-08-23, 10:21:18
Reply #12

Gander0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra

The scene doesn't crash it will just freeze up and continue parsing for 2-3 hours. It renders fine after but this quite a leap of faith for a render.

Ram at about 60%
CPU at 25%

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v3 @ 2.60GHz (×2) 64 GB RAM

The dump file is 5 GB compressed. We can drop box it to you perhaps?

Cheers

Jan

2016-08-23, 12:10:43
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Zipping the file should help tremendously. But our dropbox uploader can handle up to 10GB files: https://www.dropbox.com/request/TxIykqXBaJnRvWIwOypP

2016-08-23, 12:12:36
Reply #14

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Zipping the file should help tremendously. But our dropbox uploader can handle up to 10GB files: https://www.dropbox.com/request/TxIykqXBaJnRvWIwOypP

We just shared it with you via dropbox. Hopefully you got an email with a link. 5GB.

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com