Author Topic: Parsing the scene  (Read 12635 times)

2016-08-23, 12:24:21
Reply #15

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
got it, thanks. Note to self: _forum 11326
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-23, 16:48:51
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I analyzed the memory dump and it is stuck inside forest pack plugin, in its IForestRenderBegin method. We cannot speed that up or cancel it from Corona. I can forward the memory dump to guys at Itoo if you allow me, perhaps they will look at it and try to optimize it. I am moving this to resolved in the meantime
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-23, 16:56:17
Reply #17

Gander0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra,

Please do.

Many thanks

Jan

2016-08-23, 17:23:33
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
great, would you also share the problematic scene with Itoo?

2016-08-23, 17:24:01
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Forwarded the report to Itoo

2016-08-24, 11:23:03
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
According to Itoo developers, it's stuck in the Collisions checking. Depending of density and number of items, Collisions may take a long time to be computed. They suggest to decrease density settings, or when possible disable Collisions completely. Sometimes same effect can be achieved using other methods. You should post in their forum for more details.

2016-08-24, 11:41:48
Reply #21

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
According to Itoo developers, it's stuck in the Collisions checking. Depending of density and number of items, Collisions may take a long time to be computed. They suggest to decrease density settings, or when possible disable Collisions completely. Sometimes same effect can be achieved using other methods. You should post in their forum for more details.

Very interesting, thanks Ondra. We'll test later today and see if that makes a difference.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-11-18, 13:48:28
Reply #22

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know whether this is connected, but I've got a complicated Forest Pack scene and when I have been testing changes with Forest Pack I've been getting parsing freezes.

I've found that if I have selected the Forest Pack when I press render, it freezes while parsing. If I don't have anything selected it parses OK.

2016-11-18, 14:46:13
Reply #23

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Do you use/scatter Laubwerk trees?

Good Luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-11-18, 15:29:23
Reply #24

Gander0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Turning off/tweaking the collisions solved the problem for us Adam

2016-11-18, 16:30:49
Reply #25

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, just Forest Pack and I'm pretty sure there is no collision checking in this scene, but they are nested (ie some FP objects are masking other Forest Pack objects).

It's actually rendering fine as long as I don't have a Forest Pack selected/open when I start the render.

2016-11-18, 18:21:13
Reply #26

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Everyone experiencing some problems/crashes/long parsing with Forest plugin - can you try disabling "limit to visiblity" option and see if it helps?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us