Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max Daily Build  (Read 56441 times)

2017-10-10, 13:03:13
Reply #75

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Hi

I am really looking forward to the latest update, but when will it be out officially?
Always afraid of major crashes on a dead line.

Thank you

philip
Dell Precision T7910

2017-10-10, 23:49:06
Reply #76

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
yes, corona is installed correctly on max 2015 and 2018

but only the corona menü won't show

thank you

/.mario'
Hi, try to delete C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaRendererMenus.ini (use your name in the path) and restart Max. The menu should be recreated. By the way, Material Library can be also started from Scene tab in Render Setup.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-11, 11:52:03 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-10-11, 13:22:01
Reply #77

FSofCG

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • French School of CG
The Corona Material Library disapeared ?
French School of CG
www.fsofcg.com

2017-10-11, 13:57:11
Reply #78

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
The Corona Material Library disapeared ?
If the Corona menu does not show up for you, follow the post above yours. Or is there another problem with Material Library? Please, be more specific.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-10-11, 14:32:50
Reply #79

Mario Rothenbühler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • ROBO STUDIO GmbH
dear corona team

i deleted the file... and miracle.... the library is back (problem solved)

thank you...

/.mario'
ROBO STUDIO GmbH
Ringstrasse 40  | 4900 Langenthal
mr@robostudio.swiss  | Mobile: +41 794 808 193
www.robostudio.swiss

2017-10-15, 17:54:04
Reply #80

Geezer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have an issue with 1.7 rc8.
I saw this with older versions as well.
So I was rendering a new region but the render output path in the common tab was inactive but the render elements were on.
I kept the elements on because I needed some of them.
But in the end the end corona (or max) updated the already saved (full frame) elements with the region ones.
If the output path is not active don`t save the elements !
Please fix this super annoying bug.

2017-10-16, 13:27:07
Reply #81

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

So I was rendering a new region but the render output path in the common tab was inactive but the render elements were on.
But in the end the end corona (or max) updated the already saved (full frame) elements with the region ones.
Hi, unfortunately, saving is being done by Max not by Corona.

2017-10-16, 17:38:28
Reply #82

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
I'm using Corona Alpha6 for 3ds max (very,very old version corona, but it's free). I installed 1.7 RC5 and i made test for my interior scene which was rendered in Alpha6.
A) Alpha6 - 100 passes, 120 minutes, most shadows areas are noise clean (prepass included in render time).
after that i spent some time to get similar results in 1.7 RC5 (i made over 10 tests increasing passes, and i zoomed in every render test which i've done in 1.7 RC5, as long as i see no difference in noise areas. The reason is fact that Alpha has no NOISE parameter in output buffer to compare with RC5 renders).
Result after tests:
B) Corona 1.7 RC5 with denoising 0.5 - 40 passes + denoise took 14 mintues (with prepass).
For me is very simple calculation - 10 times faster with the same quality.
Resolution was 1920x1080. Typical interior scene with tables, chairs, office furnitures, artificial lights (ies) and small window for sky light.
What can i say - congratulations for Corona Team :) that's a reason to get Corona 1.7 licence and unistall Alpha6 Version:)
Greetings!

2017-10-19, 12:52:17
Reply #83

Geezer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Hi, unfortunately, saving is being done by Max not by Corona.
I had a feeling about that.
But at the same time, it does not happen to vray or other renderers.
It is not about comparing the two which one is better but you cant just say "its 3ds max" and this is what you get.
At the end of the day, I want my images to be saved and not to be afraid what the hell I will find (or not find) on the next morning in the output folder.
Any ideas how to bypass this other than merging/deleting render elements every time I send something to deadline?

2017-10-19, 14:32:57
Reply #84

build

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

I think there is a bug in corona camera. I am using 1.7 RC8 with max 18.3

In the corona camera I use the "Automatic Vertical Tilt" option. It works fine. But when I hide cameras using "Hide by Category" in max the tilt function is enabled but not working in the display port or while rendering.

Tim

2017-10-21, 21:40:13
Reply #85

alonerone

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, it looks like the option "Convert To Max Geometry" is broken with Corona Scatter (max 2017.1, release candidate 10).
It does create the geometry but max crashes instantly afterwards, even with very few box instances.
Alex

2017-10-21, 23:55:13
Reply #86

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hey guys, it looks like the option "Convert To Max Geometry" is broken with Corona Scatter (max 2017.1, release candidate 10).
It does create the geometry but max crashes instantly afterwards, even with very few box instances.
Alex
reproduced, will fix
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-22, 00:01:27
Reply #87

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Speaking about "Convert to Max Geometry" then I think it would be extremely useful to ad a "Convert to one object" option.

2017-10-22, 17:04:54
Reply #88

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you mean doing what "collapse" does?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-22, 17:55:13
Reply #89

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. Didn't know I could use "Collapse" on C-Scatter, and never tried. If that can be done, then dump my wish.

Edit: Just tried to use "Collapse" on a C-Scatter object, and it doesn't work without having used "Convert to Max geometry" first. And that's my point: Having the C-Scatter result converted to one mesh in on go would be extremely useful.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-22, 18:05:49 by PROH »