Author Topic: Parisian apartment  (Read 20335 times)

2013-09-23, 12:47:40
Reply #15

goose1982

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Webshop
i always love your great rendering, you are one of few artist that can sell a project 100% on an emotional base, really love that.
i tryed to catch up with you on the event in vienna a couple of weeks ago, but sadly i was not possible for me to visit it., but maybe the next time ;-)
best regards from vienna
My new webshop with high resolution wood Boards textures

http://virtuellefotografie.myshopify.com/

2013-09-23, 13:25:38
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
i always love your great rendering, you are one of few artist that can sell a project 100% on an emotional base, really love that.
i tryed to catch up with you on the event in vienna a couple of weeks ago, but sadly i was not possible for me to visit it., but maybe the next time ;-)
best regards from vienna

Hey thanks :- ) Vienna was very rushed experience, but I ended up speaking for hour and half, instead of originally promised 30 minutes.

Very funny times, there were Chaos group guys having presentation just before me (imho incredibly boring stuff, they didn't show 3.0, just mentioned it and talked forever about RT ), and Adam Hotovy asked them about SolidRocks plugin and Corona renderer,
exactly the stuff I wanted to talk about in my speech. So we both contradicted each opinions, but hopefully it didn't sound too controversial.

Do you plan on going to Venice by any chance ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-24, 16:44:11
Reply #17

Cherkes888

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's cool, beautiful, realistic. But... It is too long. 12 - 20 hours for one picture is not good time for commercial work ( As for me, 40 - 120 minutes (ok if scen is rather hard and big, it s about 3 hours for rendering with Vray) is good time for one picture with resoluton like 2200 X 1650. ( am i a dreamer? )
I do not understand yet, is Corona faster than Vray?

2013-09-24, 16:56:15
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Faster than heavy optimalized IR+LC scene ? No, never will be. Will Corona IR+HDCache be equal compared to Vray 3.0 ? We can't know :- ).

Corona Path tracing + HDCache compared to Vray's BruteForce+LC ? It is. And it is 10times easier to setup and produces nicer result too.

12 hours is a lot, but I can afford, as I have 4 really fast (3930k) computers, and plan on quite few Xeons. I don't care about time, just quality. But of course, for animations..

Corona is maybe too much advertised with "speed" as main quality, which I think isn't correct for all solutions. There are many better benefits imho. And speed is questionable,
depending on the type of work and scenes. For interior work I do, I think it will never be so fast as heavy biased solution (IR+LC), but I never liked the IR results, so I used BruteForce
in Vray even for interiors later.

Also, the 12 hours is for 3840x2400 or even higher, I never render lower.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-09-24, 16:58:03
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Faster than heavy optimalized IR+LC scene ? No, never will be.

Give me half a year... ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-24, 16:59:27
Reply #20

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
(*) For the same quality/method (BF+LC -> PT+HD) yes.
(*) If you want, you can use VRay with low setting with IM+LC and bad AA, but it's another story.
(*) Also, you have to think how easy is Corona. No AA, no DMC, no subdivs, no splotches, no f**k problem with sub-pixel mapping etc...
(*) VRay, support more stuff, like PF, AB, FumeFX, RT in DR, RT in GPU, volumefog, SSS, better displacement, etc... a lot of useful map and material

2013-09-24, 17:16:20
Reply #21

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Alright there :- D

no f**k problem with sub-pixel mapping

Heh, I spent endless nights pursuing the ultimate universal settings for interior. In the end, there was no way in which I could afford sub-pixel to keep ON. So I don't know how the hell it
was supposed to be by default on since 2.0.

2013-09-24, 17:20:17
Reply #22

Cherkes888

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Oh! Great Keymaster i`ll create statue of you if it will be fast as it realictic now! :-)

You are convincing. Now i work in corona at home. It is very pleasant to use it.
On studio PC with Intel I7 3850 CPU@3.60GHz (on my job) i left 5 min 7 sec to render the Benchmark scene. May be i do not yet figured out the settings completely.

2013-11-14, 11:19:30
Reply #23

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj,

It's always a pleasure getting to view your projects. Your eye for detail, and your ability to bring the best out of the architecture you portray is a great source of inspiration...as well as being just damn nice to look at :)

It's threads like these where some insight into workflow is given that has made crossing over to corona all the more attractive. Thanks for posting this...it's very much appreciated.

2013-11-14, 20:41:17
Reply #24

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks Juraj,

It's always a pleasure getting to view your projects. Your eye for detail, and your ability to bring the best out of the architecture you portray is a great source of inspiration...as well as being just damn nice to look at :)

It's threads like these where some insight into workflow is given that has made crossing over to corona all the more attractive. Thanks for posting this...it's very much appreciated.

Thank you :- )