Author Topic: Ambient occlusion pass showing completely black  (Read 461 times)

2023-05-24, 20:50:58

chaosuser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have added ctexmap in corona render elements and applied coronaao map for ambient occlusion. my render element is showing black

2023-05-24, 22:44:54
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can you show screenshots of your setup? Maybe you have excluded every object by accident, or something like that.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-05-25, 08:32:41
Reply #2

chaosuser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have 0 objects excluded

2023-05-25, 10:25:59
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks for the screenshot. I don't know what measurement units you are using and what is the scale of your scene, but it looks that you're using extremely large AO search distance. If your camera is in enclosed space and max distance is larger than boundaries of that space, then naturally your AO will come very dark, or completely black. Try to reduce max distance and see at what value you will start getting results that you are looking for.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-05-25, 16:42:57
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is the beauty pass and any other render element looking correctly for you? Is this only happening with the CTexmap element?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-05-25, 22:16:48
Reply #5

chaosuser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the screenshot. I don't know what measurement units you are using and what is the scale of your scene, but it looks that you're using extremely large AO search distance. If your camera is in enclosed space and max distance is larger than boundaries of that space, then naturally your AO will come very dark, or completely black. Try to reduce max distance and see at what value you will start getting results that you are looking for.

Thanks i re adjusted the distance and now it worked