Author Topic: W20  (Read 1995 times)

2023-03-26, 17:28:15

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
W20
Hello.

I wanted to share my latest personal project.

Software used: Chaos corona, 3dsmax, Photoshop

2023-03-26, 17:36:44
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Very cosy :- ) But also nice play of light, angles and wood surfaces.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-03-28, 19:49:05
Reply #2

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
really nice! love how you break the cg look

2023-03-29, 10:37:05
Reply #3

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice work again.

Where do you get the inspiration from for the architecture/spaces that you create.  Do you design them (architect background?), are they repurposed commercial jobs or are they based on existing spaces you've seen online?  This question is for all of your projects :)

Also I'd love it if you did a mini breakdown of how your using Sun/Sky Clouds to achieve that lovely soft sunlight in some of your recent Insta posts.  Have you found a specific combination that works each time?  I'm currently experimenting with the clouds cover/shadows for interiors but finding the slightest change of settings can affect the image dramatically.

2023-03-31, 01:39:55
Reply #4

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice work again.

Where do you get the inspiration from for the architecture/spaces that you create.  Do you design them (architect background?), are they repurposed commercial jobs or are they based on existing spaces you've seen online?  This question is for all of your projects :)

Also I'd love it if you did a mini breakdown of how your using Sun/Sky Clouds to achieve that lovely soft sunlight in some of your recent Insta posts.  Have you found a specific combination that works each time?  I'm currently experimenting with the clouds cover/shadows for interiors but finding the slightest change of settings can affect the image dramatically.

Hi,

Yes, I worked as an architect before dedicating full time to architectural visualization. I do personal projects from scratch and if I ever use them in commercial projects it's because clients ask me to use that specific space. I usually start with some reference and try to make something new from there. For example, this latest project is inspired by the residential architecture of Sean Godsell.

I have the same problem with corona sky as you, that is why I don't use it too much. I only use it when I need to be very precise with the sun direction and have control over the hardness of the shadows. Like for example when the light passes through a tree. For the setup, I start aiming the sun in the direction I want and then play with the cloud values. I attached the lightsetup of two of the scenes. You will see that I have 2 suns. One is linked to the sky and the other is independent, and I use lightmix to regulate the intensities. The idea is to have the lighting on 3 levels:

The first level is a base sun (direct light) that will do exactly what I want it to do and is not affected by the sun.

A second level where the sun is affected by the clouds.

And in the third level the sky that will more or less take care of the global illumination.

2023-03-31, 12:38:31
Reply #5

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really interesting setup, thanks for the insight.

2023-03-31, 14:29:32
Reply #6

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Hi Gabriel,

Where are you getting these wood textures...theyre so warm and rich.

Inspiring work at always!

-Jack

2023-04-01, 00:06:07
Reply #7

gabrielcasemiro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good work!

2023-04-02, 06:44:26
Reply #8

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Gabriel,

Where are you getting these wood textures...theyre so warm and rich.

Inspiring work at always!

-Jack

Hi Jack! it is a mix of arroway designcraft vol 4, cgsource for the architecture and for the furniture ones I scan myself