Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by davetwo on Today at 11:18:02 »
And before you say Redshift, I like to have the ability to render a complete scene in one renderer instead of doing multiple passes and compositing in post.
Can you explain whet you mean here? Just curious
Yes, there were multiple performance-related fixes between Corona 9 and 11. I have the same suggestion as in the other thread:

Please update to Corona 11 Hotfix 2 - https://corona-renderer.com/download
Then test your case, and if you are still observing any issue, submit a new ticket at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
[Max] I need help! / Re: Corona render selected objects is terrible
« Last post by maru on Today at 10:56:00 »
Hi, yes, there were improvements to this in V10 and V11:

From V10 changelog:
Improved performance when rendering with masks
In cases where the user includes just a small object and the rest of the scene is not rendered we get up to 600% speedup. In non extreme cases it leads to around a 10% speedup

From V11 changelog:
Bucket rendering - improved decision when to revert to random pixel rendering based on render regions and rendering mask.

My suggestion is to update to Corona 11 Hotfix 2 - https://corona-renderer.com/download
Then test your case, and if you are still observing a slowdown, submit a new ticket at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Multishader multipass masks?
« Last post by TeoRossi93 on Today at 10:02:52 »
Hi there, this should work. Here's another sample scene. I have my objects in the cloner, each object has a comp tag with it's own object ID, a material using the mutli-shader (set to object ID) and then two masks in the multipass settings. Each mask also has Object ID enabled. If this works for you, maybe this can be applied to your scene as well?
Hey Bengamin, unluckily I can't do like this. I must keep the animation setup as I did since in my scene there's a lot of stuff going on and I should keep the rig as you saw in my file...
What Stefan suggests would be great tbh
hi team - im still getting that issue when in IR mode, the IR keeps in this motion UNTIL i click off screen (ie another window program) and then IR resumes.  It seems to be with forest pack objects.

Hi, which version of 3ds Max are you using? I am asking this question because we had some similar reports in the past and it always happened with 3ds Max 2022. If you are using this version, one solution would be to update to a newer one.
Also, did it start happening only after you installed a daily build? It never happens with Corona 11 HF2?
Other than that, I can only recommend submitting a new support ticket and sharing the scene with us: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Thanks, your scene updates for me in the camera tag. I'm discussing it now with the devs so we will see what might be happening here.
Hi Ben,

I changed the setting, but it didn't change the result, see the video in the attachment.
A question for everyone reading this. Am I the only one with this problem?
I'm also attaching my start file and my layout. Maybe the error is somewhere here?

greetings tiglat
Hello.
I'm on version 11.
I've since realised it's when you paste something in which has materials of the same name. It'll sometimes 'merge' them. Which is disastrous in most cases if you're like me and don't name all of your textures....
I'll have a look at that other build when I get a moment.
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Today at 06:37:47 »
I'm glad to hear that you find my effort useful :]

There is, at the moment, one thing I don't understand in your setup. In the modifier panel, there is something called "transform gold text" and "transform cut-out". what are these doing exactly? Also if I search for that modifier in the modifier list, I cannot find it. Is it a 3rd party plugin? If so, where can I get it?

Those are standard 3ds Max UVW xform modifiers, i just renamed them to inform you what's their purpose (it didn't help though ;]). They're there so you could procedurally adjust size and location of label and its graphics. I think i also instanced one of them to the bottle object, so if you adjust the label, bottle's displacement should follow along. P.S. you can rename any modifier in the stack by right clicking on it - sometimes it's useful to help you keep track in a bigger scene, especially if you know that you'll have to come back to it sometime in the future.

Label mesh uses live boolean, so be careful if you'll want to move the bottle in your scene, make sure to also move hidden "cutter" object, or better yet just collapse boolean modifier - it's not needed for your scene, i added it just to show how the scene can be made a bit more procedural.

Couple things i forgot to mention in my previous message - i noticed that your bottle's walls are unrealistically thin. I'd suggest to make them thicker if you want to get more realistic result. Also for glass with varying thickness you almost always want to use absorption. It's turned on in the new glass material, you can turn it on and off and observe how it changes the look. And don't be afraid to experiment with absorption colour and thickness - i just entered quite random values, i'm sure you'll be able to achieve even better results by experimenting with those two values.

And finally - your liquid was open mesh, that's a big no no for any material that has non zero refraction or volumetrics. I fixed this, but try to keep this in mind for the future.

Hey Romullus. Thank you for that extra feedback and info. I really appreciate it. I wil definitely look into your suggestions. Cheers. :)
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by aler on Today at 04:44:17 »
It's killing me that Corona is sooo behind on rendering particles. I thought with C4D 2024.4 releasing a new and improved particle system, Chaos would have taken the opportunity to finally support native particles. And before you say Redshift, I like to have the ability to render a complete scene in one renderer instead of doing multiple passes and compositing in post.
+1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10