Author Topic: Render Selected Image Saving  (Read 1155 times)

2022-06-19, 23:53:04

hesham elshipli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everybody,

My problem as you can seen in the attached image.
That I can only save each selected object separately.

In other words,

If I selected object "1" I can only save it as an image.
If I selected object "2" I can only save it as an image.

Although I have image "3" In frame buffer I cannot save it as an Image.
Is there any solution for this ?

Sometimes there are different objects with different lighting situations like in studio photography,

Of course I can gather all images in photoshop but it would be easier to do it in frame buffer.

Thank you.

2022-06-20, 13:23:05
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't understand the question - do you have some sort of Render Elements set up, that show only particular objects? If so, what kind, and what is the intention of using them? The Beauty pass should have everything in it, and you could just save that. If you do have Render Elements set up, Save All will save them all to something like an EXR, or to separate images for things like PNG and JPG, so then you should still end up with the result 3 that you can see in the frame buffer.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-20, 13:25:17
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(if you are just using Render Selected, this would be sequential, doing each render separately one at a time - in which case, I don't know how you could end up with image 3 in the frame buffer as the VFB can't add individual renders done at different times)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-20, 14:12:51
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
as the VFB can't add individual renders done at different times

That is not entirely true if you deactivate "Clear VFB between renders". In that case if you render 1) and then 2) you get 3). So much for the VFB. If you then save from the VFB you get 3) in beauty but the alpha does not match (it's the one from the last object(s) rendered).

If you do production rendering, you get the "correct" result: beauty and alpha from the selected object only. IIRC I reported this quite a time ago as inconsistency (the save from VFB is incorrect in this case because alpha and other elements do not match, not meaning the difference between production rendering output and VFB save output).

Using the "Save" button from the VFB should save your image with the mentioned restrictions. But honestly - this is not a workflow I would rely on.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-06-20, 15:48:57
Reply #4

hesham elshipli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(if you are just using Render Selected, this would be sequential, doing each render separately one at a time - in which case, I don't know how you could end up with image 3 in the frame buffer as the VFB can't add individual renders done at different times)

Yes I am using Render Selected.
And No, you could end up with image 3 in the frame buffer if you untick "Clear VFB between renders" and here is the result

The only way I know is to save as jpeg, it will save 1 & 2 = which is shown in VFB as 3

And this is my problem, I want to save "3" from VFB with any file format like png for example
« Last Edit: 2022-06-20, 15:57:38 by hesham elshipli »

2022-06-20, 15:56:36
Reply #5

hesham elshipli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as the VFB can't add individual renders done at different times

That is not entirely true if you deactivate "Clear VFB between renders". In that case if you render 1) and then 2) you get 3). So much for the VFB. If you then save from the VFB you get 3) in beauty but the alpha does not match (it's the one from the last object(s) rendered).

If you do production rendering, you get the "correct" result: beauty and alpha from the selected object only. IIRC I reported this quite a time ago as inconsistency (the save from VFB is incorrect in this case because alpha and other elements do not match, not meaning the difference between production rendering output and VFB save output).

Using the "Save" button from the VFB should save your image with the mentioned restrictions. But honestly - this is not a workflow I would rely on.

Good Luck

Thank you.

But you said "If you then save from the VFB you get 3) in beauty but the alpha does not match"

No, you will not get "3" when you save, you will get it only in the VFB and correct you will get alpha for the last selected element.
The only way to save the whole image is to save as jpeg and this is the point if there any way to save the whole render in other formats.

2022-06-20, 16:26:10
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
No, you will not get "3" when you save, you will get it only in the VFB and correct you will get alpha for the last selected element.

I think you are a victim of exactly that wrong alpha in this case. I personally never ever use PNG but quickly checked: you would have to disable "Alpha channel" in the PNG setup, it is wrong anyway and is used for the transparency of the PNG. If you disable alpha when saving from the VFB, the result is a png without alpha but RGB is 3).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-06-20, 17:37:43
Reply #7

hesham elshipli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you are a victim of exactly that wrong alpha in this case. I personally never ever use PNG but quickly checked: you would have to disable "Alpha channel" in the PNG setup, it is wrong anyway and is used for the transparency of the PNG. If you disable alpha when saving from the VFB, the result is a png without alpha but RGB is 3).

Good Luck

Thank you.

But I still need transparent background.

I wish somebody can help or they can add this feature in corona render