Author Topic: Apha 4.1 rendering process restart from scratch  (Read 4810 times)

2016-03-19, 13:01:25

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
Hi Folks I am having an issue with alpha 4.1, I created a small interior scene and let it render for 900 passes after the 900 passes, the rendering started again from zero, I thought it was an issue with R16, so I used the computer at work where R17 is installed, it did the same thing. Has anybody encountered the same issues? Is it a bug? or am I doing something wrong? I never had any issues with Alpha 3. I mainly use corona multipass, so I have to wait for all the passes to finish in order to get the openexr with different passes, when I stop the render  before I don't get the layers in the multipass. I am using C4D by the way.
ANy help would be appreciated...

2016-03-19, 22:56:34
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
May be some setting in your scene. Here stops at any number given for passes (even 900).
Share your problematic scene or shell we play "guess-what, try-this & do-that" ;)

2016-03-21, 12:18:18
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe it's a stupid question, but you are not rendering an animation, right?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-23, 10:51:29
Reply #3

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
Maybe it's a stupid question, but you are not rendering an animation, right?
  No Maru I am not rendering an animation, I found a solution, I had to delete all the settings and start the scene from scratch, from texturing to lighting, a little bit tedious, but that's how we learn. Now everything is okay. I also deleted the corona settings and used the default settings, I may have messed the settings the last time.

2016-03-23, 10:53:19
Reply #4

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
May be some setting in your scene. Here stops at any number given for passes (even 900).
Share your problematic scene or shell we play "guess-what, try-this & do-that" ;)
Thanks for the tip Burnin, actually the issue has been solved and I am pretty sure it was the settings so I deleted everything and restarted from scratch, now it's okay, thanks man.

2016-03-23, 11:31:15
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad you worked it out... a true winner ;)

2016-04-11, 14:11:22
Reply #6

Gold over Blue

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Gold over Blue
Hi Armand,

Not directly an answer to your question, but more of a tip regarding saving the multipass layers before the render passes are all done.
When rendering with multipass in Cinema4d, in case you want to save a render with all the layers that compose the multipass, you just have to (on the picture viewer) go to the layer tab (where you can check all the different passes) and set it to Multi-Pass instead of Image. After that you can save your image as PSD with Layers or whatever format you prefer. It will save all the layers even if the render is still running. Hope this helps!