Author Topic: Firssst steps  (Read 3928 times)

2014-07-27, 00:13:56

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Alright, quick and dirty setup on a wip model/just freetime stuff... SSS seem to work great, also with blend material and hdcache. :)

2014-07-27, 00:29:24
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Well... that escalated quickly ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-27, 04:42:11
Reply #2

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Lacilaci, can you share your slate/material settings, i am getting problema when using blend and SSS, my resulting shader is becoming too transparent ?! Strange...
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-07-27, 12:14:06
Reply #3

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well there is nothing special just create one sss shader and copy and tweak the copy as if you want to create more coating like properties and finally blend those two materials.

If it is too transparent as a blend then probably even not blended would be wrong i guess.

I actually used blend only cause i wanted to quickly test if it will work... But maybe it wouldn't be even needed for this result :D

2014-07-27, 13:15:55
Reply #4

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here are more, this time only single shader with a bit of tweaks.. just playing around with all the values..

2014-07-27, 15:11:23
Reply #5

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and final one, this time again blend of skin with sss and another material without sss... omg I need to get back to work, lots of unfinished stuff :D..

2014-07-27, 17:04:31
Reply #6

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I get to this point now Lacilaci, blending a Non-SSS with Specs/reflection + a Pure SSS (VolumeMTL) , but i was inverting the Blend Order ( i didn´t notice there´s an order) so my sss was becaming like glass...
   Now it´s mixing better, but using mix to add reflection seems to ask for a better masking work (not just a 50% mix) cause it´s tonning down the difuse maps a lot for me. And mixing too much SSS effec on areas like Brows turning it from Dark Black (on difuse) to light Brow. Probably this is the correct output, so i need to work more on masks to control SSS effect and mixing.

Very nice tests man ! :)

2014-07-27, 17:55:06
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Currently there is no reason to use volumemtl...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-27, 18:50:42
Reply #8

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
No i get it ! I am using onl CoronaMTL + SSS + Opacity/tranlucency, it´s amazing ! :)

2014-07-27, 20:28:49
Reply #9

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have not used volumemtl both blended materials are coronamtl. But one has sss properties and rough reflections and other has no sss and a little sharper refl. Mixed are 70/30 no map.

2014-07-27, 21:13:50
Reply #10

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
  Cool. tks !

I have not used volumemtl both blended materials are coronamtl. But one has sss properties and rough reflections and other has no sss and a little sharper refl. Mixed are 70/30 no map.