Author Topic: "Materials" my new personal project  (Read 2329 times)

2020-06-07, 21:30:30

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
this is my latest project where I'm working on.
I decide to called it "Materials"

Materials is a personal project focused on creating high detailed CG materials using mainly Corona Render and 3DSmax.
This chapter is about fabrics.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aYNGdJ
« Last Edit: 2020-06-07, 21:37:38 by Patrick Dalla Torre »

2020-06-08, 00:53:53
Reply #1

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
How was the material created?

2020-06-08, 11:18:10
Reply #2

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The material is a corona material created using the standard workflow, so I started creating the bump map after the falloff map for the base colour and reflection, plus I add a corona scatter at the very end to simulate the small fibres on top of the entire surface.

2020-07-16, 08:55:38
Reply #3

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Can I just advise to show the materials applied on test furniture / objects of the matching scale? I can't tell if this is suited to map on 150cmx150cm for example, and not 20cmx20cm

Maybe not so important for fabrics... However, if there's leather, if it were me, I'd want to see it applied to a 3-seat couch to see how the reflection and such play out. Tilable, ... etc.

grts

2020-08-06, 19:49:48
Reply #4

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can I just advise to show the materials applied on test furniture / objects of the matching scale? I can't tell if this is suited to map on 150cmx150cm for example, and not 20cmx20cm

Maybe not so important for fabrics... However, if there's leather, if it were me, I'd want to see it applied to a 3-seat couch to see how the reflection and such play out. Tilable, ... etc.

grts

Yes, you right and at some point in the future I will post some furniture with those materials applied, but this specific section of the project aimed on showing some macro shots of the materials, in here I posted only one but there's 3 materials in total at the moment.
Here is link in here to see the other images: https://www.behance.net/patrickdallatorre

2020-08-06, 22:30:11
Reply #5

Paulos

• Active Users
  • Work Hard. Fun Harder
    • View Profile
Hello,
The material is very attractive, But I think there is a problem with the lint.Don't you think so?