Author Topic: adding new objects to render  (Read 423 times)

2023-12-14, 09:11:24

Taz3ds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have an animation and I want to add a vase and book to the animation I have already rendered out but without rendering the whole frame again.  How can I go about render just the book and vase which was added after the original animation was rendered to include the correct shadows and any additional reflections they may add to other obejcts and put together in after effects?

Thanks

2023-12-14, 10:14:40
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can't, at least not in a proper and correct way. Adding additional objects is easy, adding them with shadowing would be trickier, but still doable, but making them reflect in already rendered animation would require composing the image from render elements, which you probably don't have for the original animation. Maybe you can try to hack something, but result won't be great and the effort is probably not worth it, unless your animation is really big and would take days to re-render anew.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-12-14, 13:04:53
Reply #2

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There are workarounds but as mentioned, the result could be less than perfect, depending also on your skill.

But sometimes the trouble is worth it, if your whole frame takes 2 hours and just the selected objects takes only 10 minutes.

I'm speaking only from memory, so I might not recall perfectly the names of the options.
You don't even need to deal with render elements.
There is a function in max called - render only the selected objects. If you need the render area to be a bit bigger than the selected objects, place behind each objects a square plane, or any kind of shape which is bigger than the objects. Make the object visibility to 0. And make sure these invisible objects are selected.
Now Corona will render a bigger area to maybe encompass the shadows as well, you can use the same method if you have small areas with reflections in other parts of the screen.

At the end you just place this new layer on top of the old layer, and feather the edges a bit.

I'm not sure if newer versions of Corona have some additional options in this direction.

2023-12-15, 13:52:34
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It all depends on the scene and the added object. As mentioned by others, if the added object is reflected, you will need to find the region (or selection) of it, and do a region/selected render.
Rendering added object with shadows is actually quite tricky, because when doing render selected, only the geometry of the object is used as a mask, without its shadows and reflections, obviously. So, if it is a somewhat non-reflective object with somewhat static shadows, with somewhat stable camera, you can probably make it work using region rendering, and the overlaying on top of the original.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us