Author Topic: Reflection Bug  (Read 13010 times)

2013-02-07, 08:22:35

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I then decided to re-create such a landscape and ...
far from it - does not get the right reflection of the sun in the waves. I suspect that this is a bug ...
scene attached, max 2012

Above the horizon - like the truth
« Last Edit: 2013-02-07, 08:34:07 by ecximer »
sorry for my english

2013-02-07, 08:37:36
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I noticed different kind of odd behavior which your picture shows too...  yellow sun...  i do not think it should look as yellow :) Probably bug too :)

2013-02-07, 08:45:02
Reply #2

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Your sarcasm is understandable, but in this case, the color of the sun does not really matter.
sorry for my english

2013-02-07, 09:28:06
Reply #3

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you need a better sea shader to somehow fake scattering of light within water, Hdri for the sky might help too, and glare done in post... I don't see much bugs there, or am I missing something?...

2013-02-07, 09:33:04
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Your sarcasm is understandable, but in this case, the color of the sun does not really matter.

It was not sarcasm at all...  i tried to do same kind of shot some time ago, and stopped at problem with too yellow sun... I really think sun should not like that yellow, but more of a white with orange to red fringe, like on photo. Like on this render from Maxwell:

2013-02-07, 10:02:03
Reply #5

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
If I understand correctly, the Ecximer is not talking about the color of the sun and of the incorrect sun reflection in the water surface. I try to render a similar shot, but the reflections look properly.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-07, 10:04:10 by Polymax »
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-02-07, 10:23:15
Reply #6

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
you need a better sea shader to somehow fake scattering of light within water, Hdri for the sky might help too, and glare done in post... I don't see much bugs there, or am I missing something?...
All right. Perhaps the problem in my hand curves.
If you have a shader that would change the situation for the better, it is not so kind to share it?

It was not sarcasm at all... 
:)

I try to render a similar shot, but the reflections look properly.
Can You share max file or maybe screenshot settings?
« Last Edit: 2013-02-07, 10:27:48 by ecximer »
sorry for my english

2013-02-07, 10:36:16
Reply #7

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
All right. Perhaps the problem in my hand curves.
If you have a shader that would change the situation for the better, it is not so kind to share it?

It was not sarcasm at all... 
:)

I try to render a similar shot, but the reflections look properly.
Can You share max file or maybe screenshot settings?
Привет Ecximer, знаком с тобой по 3д центру еще )) Я сценку не сохранил, там все просто, ед. измерения - метры, плэйн 5000х5000 метров и солнце, материал: диффуз: темно-бирюзовый, отражения с иор 1,33, все остальное по дефолту. Ну меня версия не альфа 3, а каждодневная. могу тебе скинуть на почту последний билд, если тебе кеймастер не расшарил дропбокс с билдами последними.

2013-02-07, 13:07:14
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Привет Ecximer, знаком с тобой по 3д центру еще )) Я сценку не сохранил, там все просто, ед. измерения - метры, плэйн 5000х5000 метров и солнце, материал: диффуз: темно-бирюзовый, отражения с иор 1,33, все остальное по дефолту. Ну меня версия не альфа 3, а каждодневная. могу тебе скинуть на почту последний билд, если тебе кеймастер не расшарил дропбокс с билдами последними.

As much as I appreciate your contribution to the Corona community (especially light lister script) I have to ask you to respect the forum rules, which state that you should use only English on this forum, so all of the users can understand ;)

http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html

If I understand correctly, the Ecximer is not talking about the color of the sun and of the incorrect sun reflection in the water surface. I try to render a similar shot, but the reflections look properly.

Yes, i fully understand that...  i was only stating that his picture also displays another oddity that i think is a bug...  a weird color of sun disk when sun is very close to the horizon.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-07, 13:08:58 by Rawalanche »

2013-02-07, 13:23:06
Reply #9

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com

As much as I appreciate your contribution to the Corona community (especially light lister script) I have to ask you to respect the forum rules, which state that you should use only English on this forum, so all of the users can understand ;)

http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html

Yes, i fully understand that...  i was only stating that his picture also displays another oddity that i think is a bug...  a weird color of sun disk when sun is very close to the horizon.

ok, sorry, I will continue to write only in English

2013-02-07, 13:27:41
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I've actually recently fixed a bug that would cause exactly this. It is fixed in the daily builds, excimer, do you want access?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-07, 13:50:26
Reply #11

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Yes, would be very grateful for your trust.
sorry for my english

2013-02-07, 14:16:17
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, send me your dropbox account email.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-08, 11:16:18
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
yep
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-02-08, 11:26:27
Reply #14

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I tried in a new build, and the result is better than nothing :)
sorry for my english