Author Topic: ** Corona Animation ** -- relationship setting quality/time  (Read 165470 times)

2013-09-05, 19:06:31

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Video 640X480 

.avi uncompressed
Range  0 to 80fr --> 20min.

PT+PT
Sampling PT 200 - Max intensity  20
progressiv rendering  15 sec

I wanted to ask:
Values ​​which affect the definition of the map and which on the edge!?

The Path tracing samples that she is related to the Max.sample intensity?

For example a video resolution of 640x480 which values ​​could be sufficient?

Thanks
Raf

2013-09-05, 19:08:39
Reply #1

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-09-05, 19:14:04
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
PT samples 200 is EXTREMELY high value, use 16-32 to get optimal results in your scene
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-05, 19:25:54
Reply #3

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra
thanks

But those high values ​​type 200/400 relate to the definition of the pixels of a map or global illumination?

I ask, because I would like to understand these relationships: when and how to use a value from another!
and especially the progressive rendering

2013-09-05, 19:30:28
Reply #4

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After dinner try with PT 32 and leave everything as default!

2013-09-05, 19:32:58
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it is easy: high PT samples = bad AA/MB/DOF, good lighting, and vice versa. Then in lighting, high lights multiplier = good direct lighting and bad indirect (GI), and vice versa
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-05, 22:22:19
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
it is easy: high PT samples = bad AA/MB/DOF, good lighting, and vice versa. Then in lighting, high lights multiplier = good direct lighting and bad indirect (GI), and vice versa

It could be good idea to create some sort of flow-chart where people would navigate to what sort of scene they have: ie. exterier/interier/natural light/artificial light/many-few lights/dof-no dof/etc..and in the end would be suggested bracket of values of these paramaters.
I think there is currently lot of confusion in how to trade between PT samples/Light samples, and what would be some sort of "universal" settings akin to traditional unbiased renderers, if one wanted "one-button" solution (or is the default closest to this?)

The flexibility of Corona is amazing, in that, you tweak as little or as much as you want, but currently the guidelines for tweaking are blurry in the documentation.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-05, 22:47:22
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, the defaults work well almost every time, except for scenes with strong DOF

2013-09-06, 00:05:49
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
yes, the defaults work well almost every time, except for scenes with strong DOF

Good to know this, generally was my experience too. I will market this for few minutes during my talk on Symp.in on Saturday morning, I think there will be some interest for this. I think especially 3d-UN-enthusiasts such as architecture students will particulary like this engine. I still remember my fondness of Octane when I switched from MentalRay in school. There is huge market in this segment, not rich, but huge en-masse, and as long as Corona rocks so much straight out of the box without any tuning, this is what people wanted.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-06, 05:07:23
Reply #9

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi Ondra

Video 640x480 ( 250 frame = time video 00:00:08sec )

PT+PT
PT samples 20 - Max samples intesity 6,0
Progressive rendering 00:00:16sec.

render scene = 01:10:00

Greats
Raf

2013-09-06, 09:49:30
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
good
you can also disable direct visibility of sunlight to get rid of some of the flares that pop in/out

2013-09-06, 12:28:19
Reply #12

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning

Hi Ondra,
i disabled various parameters of Corona Sun to see the comparison!

If I disable all, the reflection of light shots you can get with a HDRI appropriate?
 Environment overrides from !?

Thanks
Raf

2013-09-06, 14:23:02
Reply #13

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sampling

PT samples 16/32
for values ​​less than  Max. sample intensity >definition

2013-09-06, 15:03:14