Author Topic: 3Ds Max Catagory  (Read 10408 times)

2014-09-14, 11:00:45

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Administrators.... is it possible you could create a 3Ds Max Catagory.... please? :)

I know your scheduled answer would be to direct Max related questions to other forums.... but it would be good if everything was under one roof.
Maybe others feel the same....

The forum is nice and clean and easy to use. It's the best forum layout I've used so far.
It makes sense.

2014-09-14, 18:08:54
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I think the general CG section is sufficient for this... I dont like those forums that have millions of sections with no posts in them.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-09-14, 22:01:17
Reply #2

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the general CG section is sufficient for this... I dont like those forums that have millions of sections with no posts in them.

I get your point... simplicity is beauty. What happens when C4D arrives? Then Maya. Then Sketchup & Rhino.
Your just going to be a fat cat like VRay. As Agent Smith would say: "The future is inevitable".

So I can post Max questions in the general (non Corona) section? Or will the CG police caution me?

2014-09-15, 08:24:35
Reply #3

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I can post Max questions in the general (non Corona) section? Or will the CG police caution me?

Register on cgtalk forum and ask away (in max section).

2014-09-15, 09:00:22
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To keep things organized I'd like to know if there's going to be a feature that you can (un)subscribe to certain posts\topics. I'm always using the "Show unread posts since last visit" and now alot of C4D users have jumped on board that I don't have anything to do with since MAX is my workfield. Is there a way I can exclude some specific topics?

Of course I'm interested in the development of Corona for C4D, so don't get me wrong here on that point :)

2014-09-15, 09:55:08
Reply #5

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

To be ignored.... to be embraced.... to be destroyed. Software companies rise and fall based on their support structure.
Does the software company care about it's customers.... or does it only care about what it thinks is best for itself.

I will take your cavalier advice...Mr Blank. But, I am just a boat at sea looking for a friendly port.

2014-09-15, 09:58:48
Reply #6

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
To keep things organized I'd like to know if there's going to be a feature that you can (un)subscribe to certain posts\topics. I'm always using the "Show unread posts since last visit" and now alot of C4D users have jumped on board that I don't have anything to do with since MAX is my workfield. Is there a way I can exclude some specific topics?

Of course I'm interested in the development of Corona for C4D, so don't get me wrong here on that point :)

I agree
+1

2014-09-15, 10:16:49
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

There is notify button in each topic as well as forum section. So if you'll press it in C4D section, it should act as subscription.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-09-15, 11:38:06
Reply #8

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

There is notify button in each topic as well as forum section. So if you'll press it in C4D section, it should act as subscription.

True, but we request would like to have an "unnotify" buttom
« Last Edit: 2014-09-15, 11:44:11 by belly »

2014-09-15, 13:18:32
Reply #9

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile

True, but we request would like to have an "unnotify" buttom

Exactly my point indeed :)

2014-09-15, 17:00:17
Reply #10

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi K u r a i

CGTalk is the place to go for those things :) Think that this is a Corona themes related forum, that's not to be rude, but to maintain this forum useful for Devs and focused in the main product, when Maya, Cinema4D or other software arrive, they will have (in fact, the already have) an specific forum, but Corona question will be valid in general forum, no matter what software is behind Corona, because in the end, it's a Corona question :)

On the other hand you also have here the "General CG discussion", but I think this is more focused in talking about general CG related news, but I think you can be fine asking things there, and, as the last resort, you also have the OffTopic, no one will tell you that a 3d related question cannot be posted in that forum I think :)

But one more time I have to insist that IMHO CGTalk is the best place for non-corona general 3dsmax or any other software question, plus you will have a lot more people there that will be able to help you :)

Cheers!

2014-09-15, 17:55:12
Reply #11

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi K u r a i

CGTalk is the place to go for those things :) Think that this is a Corona themes related forum, that's not to be rude, but to maintain this forum useful for Devs and focused in the main product, when Maya, Cinema4D or other software arrive, they will have (in fact, the already have) an specific forum, but Corona question will be valid in general forum, no matter what software is behind Corona, because in the end, it's a Corona question :)

On the other hand you also have here the "General CG discussion", but I think this is more focused in talking about general CG related news, but I think you can be fine asking things there, and, as the last resort, you also have the OffTopic, no one will tell you that a 3d related question cannot be posted in that forum I think :)

But one more time I have to insist that IMHO CGTalk is the best place for non-corona general 3dsmax or any other software question, plus you will have a lot more people there that will be able to help you :)

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. It's the nicest reply I have had so far on Corona :)

But, when you switch CG software it's like moving house... cos you have to change forums and try and make new friends that can help you along. While using Sketchup + Vray there where 'go-to' guys on the forum
that were very helpful. Now I have changed to Max + Vray + Corona.... it's a double whammy. It now can take me three days to get a response to a little question on all the Max related forums like AREA & CGarchitect.
Plus, some people can be just plain cryptic with their answers.

I understand fully that this is a Corona forum. Once I find someone who cares abit to help then I will stop harrassing the moderators (who probably don't know how to handle me).
But it's real simple. I feel abit lost. I am an interior designer who is used to meeting people face to face. This forum thing is an unknown world for me.

If I can send the odd message in a bottle in the off-topic section.... then I will be happy.... like you suggested.

Although moderators have a hard time of it.... I think they should create a new position.... 'The Ambassodor'. These people will go about connecing people on the forum and help them settle in.
No other forum has ever adopted this approach. Instead of the sink and swim approach I feel beginners should be nurtured alittle.

It's not just about creating CG images.... it's about the journey leading up to creating the final CG image.... getting inspiration, getting advice, discussing techniques.... but more importantly.... it's about finding people
who share the same interest under one roof. A sort of CG family.

Thanks.
BTW - Are you the owner of Corona disguised a a normal member? :) 

2014-09-15, 18:00:54
Reply #12

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No other forum has ever adopted this approach

You sure about that? As somebody who has been running a popular CG forum for over a decade, I debate this point!

2014-09-15, 18:18:31
Reply #13

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No other forum has ever adopted this approach

You sure about that? As somebody who has been running a popular CG forum for over a decade, I debate this point!

People like to pick up on symantics and fail to see past the words :)
What is your forum?

2014-09-15, 18:57:25
Reply #14

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was being tongue-in-cheek with your generalization! My forum is the one I posted a link to for you a while back. I wasn't making any real point, just joining in.