General Category > General CG Discussion

[Useful Scripts\Tools]

<< < (53/54) > >>

orangekid36:
Does anyone know which is the best plugin for "cleaning the scene" something like cleaner, but for 2020. I am looking to try and remove standard materials, and unused maps. Thanks everyone!

alexyork:

--- Quote from: orangekid36 on 2020-05-22, 02:26:59 ---Does anyone know which is the best plugin for "cleaning the scene" something like cleaner, but for 2020. I am looking to try and remove standard materials, and unused maps. Thanks everyone!

--- End quote ---

I'd recommend SiNi Forensic and Relink Bitmaps - both free.

johan belmans:

--- Quote from: alexyork on 2020-05-22, 10:03:38 ---
--- Quote from: orangekid36 on 2020-05-22, 02:26:59 ---Does anyone know which is the best plugin for "cleaning the scene" something like cleaner, but for 2020. I am looking to try and remove standard materials, and unused maps. Thanks everyone!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, SiNi Forensic is the way to go.

Not free and not expensive but is doing a great job on relinking bitmaps, corona proxies, xrefs is Library Track / Relink by Pixamoon.
One of the great features it has is that you do not have to open the Max file.
https://www.pixamoon.com/shop/4587562584/library-track-relink-.../9337230

JulioCayetano:

--- Quote ---Not free and not expensive but is doing a great job on relinking bitmaps, corona proxies, xrefs is Library Track / Relink by Pixamoon.
--- End quote ---

I can confirm it too, we use this tool all the time in our offcie, and it is working flawlessly. Not only that you donĀ“t need to open the MAX files you need to relink, but you can also "batch relink" many of them at once, for example, a collection of trees from your library, or somthing like that. It has many options, one of them is similar to the "Relink Bitmaps" script, automatically search for maps inside a given location, but it also has the option to "set path strip", so you can change just the part of the local/network adress you need, for example changing the unit letter, or the IP adress, etc.

And I agree again, imho, it is not expensive for the use we give to it.

Jens:

--- Quote from: johan belmans on 2020-05-22, 10:27:52 ---
--- Quote from: alexyork on 2020-05-22, 10:03:38 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, SiNi Forensic is the way to go.

Not free and not expensive but is doing a great job on relinking bitmaps, corona proxies, xrefs is Library Track / Relink by Pixamoon.

--- End quote ---

You can also do this with the Connecter app (asset browser) which is free. Just click 1 or more files files in the browser and click the "manage files" button. Here you can search, assign or remove bitmaps as the relink bitmaps script without having to open the files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version