Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Displacement issue (problem)

<< < (8/9) > >>

PROH:
OK. Now I have done some testing myself, and can confirm that displacement on large scale is problematic with Corona.

My test was designed to see how far away you can see displacement sized around 20-25 cm, and in both 4k and 6k renderings I could still see it at 1km distance, even with the denoiser on (Corona). Pictures attached.

But at 8k the problems begin. There is lots of artifacts in the render, and Corona gives a warning about low RAM (I only got 64Gb). Low RAM however should only cause a slow render, and NOT give artifacts.
I have tried to locate the problem, and one thing I noticed is, that when the "Primitives displac." number goes higher than 1.000 M I start to have artifacts.

Hope it helps.

tradstown:

--- Quote from: PROH on 2022-08-17, 19:12:26 ---OK. Now I have done some testing myself, and can confirm that displacement on large scale is problematic with Corona.

My test was designed to see how far away you can see displacement sized around 20-25 cm, and in both 4k and 6k renderings I could still see it at 1km distance, even with the denoiser on (Corona). Pictures attached.

But at 8k the problems begin. There is lots of artifacts in the render, and Corona gives a warning about low RAM (I only got 64Gb). Low RAM however should only cause a slow render, and NOT give artifacts.
I have tried to locate the problem, and one thing I noticed is, that when the "Primitives displac." number goes higher than 1.000 M I start to have artifacts.

Hope it helps.

--- End quote ---

Hello! Wow, great test! Hope it will help to improve displacement in Corona Renderer and it will help to fix some bugs.

romullus:
Nice test. Maybe there's a hard limit on overall displacement primitives count?

GeorgeK:
Thanks everyone, great testing @PROH, I'll be reporting this and we will investigate further, please stay posted for further information.

(Internal id=949812542)

rowmanns:
@PROH
The issue you reported is now fixed.

You will no longer get artifacts in this case. At 8k it renders correctly now :)

If you exceed the maximum limited primitives you will get an error message too.

You can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.msg203090#msg203090

Thanks,

Rowan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version