Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Weird Shadow artifact

(1/3) > >>

aysigrub:
I am getting these weird shadow artifacts on a 3D model I converted from step to obj. The model is kind of messy as you can see on the right side of the image but the actual surface is smooth.
The ugly shadows only appears when there are small lights casting a sharp shadow. They do not appear when using a corona sky for example.

Any ideas?
Thanks

romullus:
That's messed up vertex normals. Most likely happened when you converted model to obj. If it's possible, try to render the model without converting it to polygons - you should get much better result.

aysigrub:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-07-24, 15:01:40 ---That's messed up vertex normals. Most likely happened when you converted model to obj. If it's possible, try to render the model without converting it to polygons - you should get much better result.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Im not sure how to open an .step file in C4D without converting it to polygons.. hmmm

romullus:
Sorry, can't help you with that, i'm a 3ds Max user. Max can open and render CAD objects without issues.

Maybe try to see if it's possible to retain vertex normals in the software where you are doing conversion and make sure that C4D does not override them in the process of model import.

aysigrub:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-07-24, 15:30:45 ---Sorry, can't help you with that, i'm a 3ds Max user. Max can open and render CAD objects without issues.

Maybe try to see if it's possible to retain vertex normals in the software where you are doing conversion and make sure that C4D does not override them in the process of model import.

--- End quote ---

Understandable! Thank your for the information

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version