General Category > General CG Discussion

Rhino to 3DSMax

<< < (4/6) > >>

arcmos:

--- Quote ---There's no need to model walls in Rhino ? ... except that you can model way faster than in any Prog like Max or C4D.

--- End quote ---
Yes, could be. I refer to:

--- Quote ---I was taught in Rhino. I consider myself a Rhino expert. So modelling in anything other than Rhino is basically out of the question for me. Additionally, as I work exclusively with architects, on REAL projects, I require accuracy. I receive most models in Rhino. So this is why I'm needing to import from Rhino to Max.
--- End quote ---

Designerman77:

--- Quote from: arcmos on 2019-10-05, 16:07:07 ---
--- Quote ---There's no need to model walls in Rhino ? ... except that you can model way faster than in any Prog like Max or C4D.

--- End quote ---
Yes, could be. I refer to:

--- Quote ---I was taught in Rhino. I consider myself a Rhino expert. So modelling in anything other than Rhino is basically out of the question for me. Additionally, as I work exclusively with architects, on REAL projects, I require accuracy. I receive most models in Rhino. So this is why I'm needing to import from Rhino to Max.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, it´s always good to be able to model in different softs - and to use their particular strengths for the specific states of the project.

Funny... had not seen this post with the claim that "he works on REAL projects"...
As if other people do only phantasy projects... :)

James Vella:
on the triangles issue, have you tried the new rhino7 wip quadmesh plugin? It looks quite interesting.

https://www.food4rhino.com/app/createquadmesh

Also using the built in Mesh from surface/polysurface with some adjusted settings can do a pretty good job, not 100% but in this case I couldnt find a triangle.

Designerman77:

--- Quote from: James Vella on 2019-10-14, 15:04:13 ---on the triangles issue, have you tried the new rhino7 wip quadmesh plugin? It looks quite interesting.

https://www.food4rhino.com/app/createquadmesh

Also using the built in Mesh from surface/polysurface with some adjusted settings can do a pretty good job, not 100% but in this case I couldnt find a triangle.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, this setting I also use for organic or round shapes.
Creates a quite OK quad mesh.

Amin Arian:
Hello Experts,i suggest you to use "3ds" for importing basic an Qbic model into the 3ds Max.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version