Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Frosted glass in mirror reflection

(1/3) > >>

ler01:
It looks like a bug to me. But if I'm wrong and it's just because I'm doing something wrong please move this thread where it should be.
So the problem is on the attached image - in direct view frosted glass looks fine but in it's reflection in the mirror looks very weird. I'll attach mirror and frosted glass materials settings.
Thank you

ler01:
Update: I turned on caustics in glass material and for one view it was enough. But on another view the glass in reflection got another flake artifacts. And to get rid of them I had to switch from UHD cache to path tracing. Flakes gone but it took like forever to render even in region.

cecofuli:
You should try to reset Corona settings.

maru:
1. Can you completely remove diffuse for this material? (either set diffuse level to 0 or color to pure black) Or maybe it is important for this material to have it?

2. There was a bug in Corona 1.5, and the solution is to download the newest version (1.5.2), open your scene, and click "reset settings" in "scene" tab. This will revert UHD Cache settings to safe defaults (which are NOT accessible from the ui otherwise).

3. If there are still some problems, it would be great if you could share the scene with us.

romullus:
I don't think it's UHD cache related. I stumbled upon similiar behaviour too, not so long ago. Didn't think about reporting it though. I will see if i can find that scene and will provide more details or scene itself if required.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version