Author Topic: Eclectic Apartment  (Read 1947 times)

2016-11-16, 23:01:32

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some scene shots of a fun personal proj. design by INT2 only 724sqft apartment with some unusual stuff in it (just for learning) - per original design.  Am new to 3d if you can give some CC tips or whatever you can comment on to get me some more realism. 

Max+1.5+PS;  Models = self + 3dsky (primarily)

Im working to be able to create our own interior/exterior merchandising/VIZ free from our current photography constraints.  We are residential home builders.  So what i want to VIZ is new construction (NOT lived in/used) so work hould be clean & show limited wear.  Sort of "Boundary-ish" style.   But i need to pump in more realism & improve skills.  Thanks for looking.

2016-11-17, 12:28:09
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you using some 3rd party apps for post processing, or are you planning to stick to Corona VFB only?
Just some quick thoughts:
1. All of the images seem to be a bit underexposed for me (too dark) - but that's an age old question: maybe it's my monitor only?
2. Some materials and models could use some extra work - I would try making them more "eye catching" by boosting reflectivity, adding some subtle irregular bump maps.
The one with bike on the wall makes me feel dizzy. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-17, 13:48:25
Reply #2

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru, i used some Camera Raw filter thats it, & would do more if you see some way to save some image.  I struggle to get crisp images, not hazy, so my thought was always add contrast or other in post - not very good solution.

Overall should i be putting more light (ambient) into my work, or increase exposures? or combo?

OR is material quality the biggest issue, secondarily model work?  Maybe like you say ALL of the above.

So if you me, where focus first in quest to get better.?

Thanks again for the reply.  Does anyone see any other constructive coaching?